Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
It is not my intention to offend anyone suffering from depression so please don't get offended. My heart pours out to you if you suffer from it.

I just seems very odd to me that so many Atheists are depressed. When I officially quit believing I felt better.
I know that I am in control of me and not some god.

I am a happy Atheist. Let me know if you are too.
RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
(March 28, 2014 at 4:31 pm)KUSA Wrote: It is not my intention to offend anyone suffering from depression so please don't get offended. My heart pours out to you if you suffer from it.

I just seems very odd to me that so many Atheists are depressed. When I officially quit believing I felt better.
I know that I am in control of me and not some god.

I am a happy Atheist. Let me know if you are too.

It's not an illness, it's a tool. Big Grin
I am like God and God like me.
I am as Large as God, He is as small as I.
He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be. - Angelus Silesius

"From each according to their motherfucking ability bitches and to each according to their goddam need fuckers. Which part of The Word you fuckers don't get?" - Jesus
I'm not chronically or clinically depressed. Stressed sometimes.
I'm content with life for the most part.

Depression affects everyone, in all areas of life. Maybe atheists just have the guts to discuss it! lol
Re: RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
(March 28, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Maybe atheists just have the guts to discuss it! lol

That may be it. All the xtians around where I live always say they are too blessed to be stressed. I always hate hearing that shit.
I'm not depressed....I'm just old and cranky.
(March 28, 2014 at 4:53 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(March 28, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Maybe atheists just have the guts to discuss it! lol

That may be it. All the xtians around where I live always say they are too blessed to be stressed. I always hate hearing that shit.

Yup! There's also a sense of shame a believer has for just feeling natural human feelings, like lust, anger, depression.

Nope, don't talk about it! Grab your bible and pray all your troubles away.

Not saying all believers are this way, but many are. There's a guilt almost associated with feeling bad as if you are somehow betraying god. I think it's cool people here feel "safe" to discuss it.
I'm not depressed because I know that everyone is stupider than me.
Re: RE: Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed?
(March 28, 2014 at 5:10 pm)yukithemeddler Wrote: I'm not depressed because I know that everyone is stupider than me.

You wouldn't know it by reading your posts.
(March 28, 2014 at 5:10 pm)yukithemeddler Wrote: I'm not depressed because I know that everyone is stupider than me.

Im not depressed because ur name is crappier than mine. Na!!
I am not depressed. Life is beautiful - always as it should be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here trade the financial markets ? Bucky Ball 15 791 August 22, 2023 at 7:00 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Do not dumb here. Not a dumb area. no one 16 1233 June 5, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 782 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone here try reddit? Atomic Lava 8 964 November 15, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 955 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Depressed? write your stuff here WinterHold 14 1128 July 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone here know London or Berlin? shadow 17 4301 February 1, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: shadow
  When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone. Edwardo Piet 60 8910 December 13, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Depressed for a very good reason dyresand 9 2823 June 29, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Lately, there has not been much need for me to provide my knowledge Foxaèr 5 1424 June 16, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13