Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reversion to Islam (believe in Quran again)
My reversion to Islam (believe in Quran again)
First and foremost I would like to say to the Atheists here.

I believe if you are an Atheist and you are good, you will enter paradise.
I don't believe Quran has anything against homosexuals and doesn't condemn them at all.
I have an interpretation of Quran that is less traditional then others and you might think how does he believe this and that in light of this verse and that verse, but I do, because of I've thought about it from different angles and verses in light of each other.

Anyways here is my reversion thingy majig:

I never thought I would be a revert, first cause I never thought I would leave Islam and when I did leave Islam, I thought I would never come back.

But here I am. I wanted to share some reasons.

When it comes to the true religion, I figured God wants us to be first foremost human beings. This means the true religion is at the core being true human beings and true to ourselves, and it's not a set of dogmas or a code. The Quran seems to go beyond this dogmatic approach to saying the religion of God is x y and z but states it's the nature that God has put humanity upon. Other verses talk about how the truthful will be rewarded and other places it talks about how those who are patient and do good will be rewarded with paradise as well. Christians and Jews who do good are also promised paradise. It also condemns the statements of Jews and Christians when they say no one but a Jew or a Christian will enter paradise.

The religion that is universal to me is submission to the light of God which is not to be limited to Muslims or Shiites or Sunnis or any group. I found that this to be a teaching of the Quran.

It seems in light of humanity dividing, God coming out and saying the true religion is our true nature which is submission to God's light and command within, is one of the most logical things I can believe. For God to stay silent while we make up and more religions without guiding us and reminding us of what should know if we reflect, is what doesn't make sense.

There is also a theme in Quran that makes me ponder a lot. In Suratal Hud it is mentioned that Sarah should not be surprised for the baby in old age by way of God making a miracle because the blessings and mercy is upon them, and indeed he is majestic praiseworthy.

It seems as God is majestic and praiseworthy, he would bless some people immensely. When I reflect over the potential human self we are capable of, it seems we can reach honorable exalted stations. But for those who reached these stations, how would they relate to us. It seems when it talks about God's blessings upon the chosen ones such as the family of Ibrahim, it talks about them being given the wisdom, the book, and the authority.

It seems to be that we all believe that wisdom exists. The Quran further argues in the Talut verses those who have been given the utmost wisdom in humanity are those deserving of authority and are in fact the true kings.

To me it makes sense God wants us to be ruled by wisdom. But if he doesn't intervene and never sends us a book full of wisdom, and doesn't appoint guides that are wiser than us, it seems we will never be ruled by wisdom.

It seems a God that does nothing for us to be ruled by wisdom seems less logical then a God that wants us to be ruled by wisdom and logic.

The verses before Ulil-Amr that talk about the family of Ibrahim, the wisdom, the book, and the great authority/kingdom, and talking about ruling and judging by justice to me is a major sign of it being revealed by God. It also seems the explanation that there is covering and spiritual forces trying to keep away from people seeing the clear teachings of Quran to be the best explanation as to why people don't see what these verses are stating.

It seems to me the rejection of the false authority, the oppressive authority, and trying to replace it with justice, and the mention of those verses before telling us to obey those in authority from us, seems to imply a majestic wisdom. It seems to remind us we need authority and it ought to be blessed just chosen individuals who will rule us by wisdom and justice.

This with the reminder of God's light and that we can travel to God makes us believe there is individuals worthy of this station of Wilayah. Wilayah cannot be established except through revelation.

As a result I believe in Nubuwa. The Quran's wisdom although implicit, I believe speaks volumes to a people a who reflect. It silently reminds of these themes and links them together and itself by the reminder of justice, proves the necessity of Prophethood.

The true religion stays as a humanity but on how to establish justice and make us follow wisdom, this where the details differs in Islam. At the core however I believe the true religion remains our humanity and inclination to justice and goodness, and wisdom, and that those who differ from official Islam can be and mostly are true Muslims.
RE: My reversion to Islam (believe in Quran again)
Can start from the beginning again??
Uhuh, mkay... And why do you believe that this God exists in the first place?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well, I'm sure we're all glad to hear that you returned to a religion founded by a pedophile "prophet" that condemns humanity for its deisbelief and kills those who apostasize. Have a fan-fucking-tastic return to your religion of "peace".
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
I'm not at all surprised that you have returned to Islam. You have earnest ideas that you can't shake, and Islam makes sense of them. What I will say is that I don't like you any less now that you are a Muslim, than I did when you were an atheist. You have been thinking about these matters deeply, and I respect that you have not come to this decision lightly. You are a thoughtful, caring person, and that matters a lot.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
MysticKnight did you take courses in mental gymnastics and information twisting?
But, you state that you interpret the Qur'an in your own way? Many Christians do the same thing, when it comes to 'interpreting Scripture.' At the end of the day, if you are not comfortable with what your holy book blatantly states, why follow it at all? Seems to me that the holy books of the Abrahamic faiths all have passages that their followers disagree with...but THAT is the religion. Not what you decide it is.

That is why I left Christianity. Because I no longer could continue making excuses for what I knew it stood for.
Correct me if I'm wrong in any of the following thing's I'm about to say.

You believe god told an angel to tell muhammad to recite a book 1400 years ago for his followers to write down in one language and that this is gods best way to communicate with you and the rest of the world?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Walk your path friend - have peace.
(March 29, 2014 at 3:37 pm)rasetsu Wrote: I'm not at all surprised that you have returned to Islam. You have earnest ideas that you can't shake, and Islam makes sense of them. What I will say is that I don't like you any less now that you are a Muslim, than I did when you were an atheist. You have been thinking about these matters deeply, and I respect that you have not come to this decision lightly. You are a thoughtful, caring person, and that matters a lot.

Thanks. It means a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 76 2583 8 hours ago
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8622 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20552 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1279 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4369 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2892 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48866 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 12297 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 860 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14309 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257