Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occupy wall street
occupy wall street
what are your thoughts on the movement
RE: occupy wall street
It seems like a peaceful protest with a good cause, but the police have been forcefully trying to shut it down. It's really the worst thing to react to peaceful protests with violence, since if peaceful means don't work, people will resort to violent protests.

Generally the rish are supposed to create jobs for the lower classes, but since they move things across the sea, they're only helping themselves and not the country. Therefore we have to try to get the government to take money away from them and give it to the porr and middle class of our country. Unfortunately money talks really well, and the government works for whatever companies and such will help them get into office.

Something has to be done, and we seem to make slow progress like with universal healthcare and such, but it's really not helping quickly enough.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 30, 2014 at 3:41 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It seems like a peaceful protest with a good cause, but the police have been forcefully trying to shut it down. It's really the worst thing to react to peaceful protests with violence, since if peaceful means don't work, people will resort to violent protests.

Generally the rish are supposed to create jobs for the lower classes, but since they move things across the sea, they're only helping themselves and not the country. Therefore we have to try to get the government to take money away from them and give it to the porr and middle class of our country. Unfortunately money talks really well, and the government works for whatever companies and such will help them get into office.

Something has to be done, and we seem to make slow progress like with universal healthcare and such, but it's really not helping quickly enough.

i agree many people spend a large amount of time in college they form a relationship with a man or woman divorce fight over the child career then death. they spend their life slaving away for an american dream that just isn't there anymore and they and their kids cannot see this
I think this thread is super outdated and I think camping is a dumb form of protest.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 30, 2014 at 4:18 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I think this thread is super outdated and I think camping is a dumb form of protest.

its not outdated these problems still exist how many young kids hear words like investment banker or are deeply influenced by celebrity culture and take out college loans. it is so like the american media to mock something like this when it is totally their fault. they encourage this type of behavior and then tell the people to go fuck themselves
I hated Occupy Wall street because it was such a typical, liberal college kids protest. I agree with the general sentiment of the protest, but they offered pretty much no new solutions to the table.
(March 30, 2014 at 4:26 pm)nintendo048 Wrote:
(March 30, 2014 at 4:18 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I think this thread is super outdated and I think camping is a dumb form of protest.

its not outdated these problems still exist how many young kids hear words like investment banker or are deeply influenced by celebrity culture and take out college loans. it is so like the american media to mock something like this when it is totally their fault. they encourage this type of behavior and then tell the people to go fuck themselves

Well I think it's outdated because the 'movement' barely exists anymore and never did anything of importance anyway.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: I hated Occupy Wall street because it was such a typical, liberal college kids protest. I agree with the general sentiment of the protest, but they offered pretty much no new solutions to the table.
thats because a lot of what they teach at college fits in with the protest. of example, feminism states that one percent of the world money is controlled by males. minority activists state that minorities have been kept down by the white man. and homosexual the same. If i might bring up the unabombers manifesto again. not that any of these things are untrue its just a really bad fucking time and place to bring that type of stupid fucking rhetoric up. 213. Because of their need for rebellion and for membership in a
movement, leftists or persons of similar psychological type are often
unattracted to a rebellious or activist movement whose goals and
membership are not initially leftist. The resulting influx of leftish
types can easily turn a non-leftist movement into a leftist one, so
that leftist goals replace or distort the original goals of the
movement.
http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
like what does equal pay for blacks women or minorities have to do with anything if college costs are so high and the cost or the cost of a house if so ridiculously high . Also how do affirmative action help anybody attain a stable lifestyle in this situation

(March 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: I hated Occupy Wall street because it was such a typical, liberal college kids protest. I agree with the general sentiment of the protest, but they offered pretty much no new solutions to the table.
you want useful solutions here they are
http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/t...e-it-hurts
(March 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(March 30, 2014 at 4:26 pm)nintendo048 Wrote: its not outdated these problems still exist how many young kids hear words like investment banker or are deeply influenced by celebrity culture and take out college loans. it is so like the american media to mock something like this when it is totally their fault. they encourage this type of behavior and then tell the people to go fuck themselves

Well I think it's outdated because the 'movement' barely exists anymore and never did anything of importance anyway.
I tend to agree. The 1% are a source of much trouble in the world, but they are almost unassailable. Occupy wall street accomplished next to nothing.

(March 30, 2014 at 5:00 pm)sven Wrote:
(March 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Well I think it's outdated because the 'movement' barely exists anymore and never did anything of importance anyway.
I tend to agree. The 1% are a source of much trouble in the world, but they are almost unassailable. Occupy wall street accomplished next to nothing.

they are not unassailable the best way to "fight back" is not to fight at all but t spread awareness about the federal reserve college debt globalization outsourcing ect. if your really interested in occupy wall street please read the unabombers manifesto i posted a link it is about precisely this type of movement and one should go about it so it is successful

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's Wall (A momentary lapse of reason) sammiedee 23 1635 June 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] It's not the wall; it's a coup. WinterHold 26 1923 February 20, 2019 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2585 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  No Wall? The WLB is Unhappy Minimalist 9 882 September 21, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I've finally figured out what's with this wall thing. Gawdzilla Sama 18 2034 August 1, 2018 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump wants a transparent border wall... Rev. Rye 34 5978 July 18, 2017 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Take away money from PP and Food stamps to fund border wall NuclearEnergy 72 13559 July 18, 2017 at 3:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Up Against The Wall, Motherfucker Minimalist 1 832 April 26, 2017 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A kid on my childhood street and Trump Brian37 45 5747 December 21, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Trump is waffling on the wall. Manowar 68 6983 November 15, 2016 at 2:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13