Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Special Logic
God's Special Logic
I was talking to that repulsive woman I told you about a while ago who refuses to vote for an Atheist for president, and I was, as usual, dumbfounded by another claim she made. When I pointed out that the Holy Bible indicates God created life using magic, she said "no, it's not magic if God does it because he's God". Then I said "well, why can't science say anything about this thing you call god, and why can't we explain God logically to anyone." She basically repeated herself: "God doesn't need a logical explanation because he's God."

This is very strange. In other words, God is exempt from all rational thought and science simply because he/she/it/they is god. This is no different than Ray Comfort's claim about a grain of sand when he debated Russell and Matt from the Atheist Experience:

Russell: Ray, have you ever personally seen an intelligent person create a grain of sand?
Ray: I don't have to. I can see there's creation out there which shows there's a creator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzF8SMQ...5_gSByMyr7

This is exactly why I'm not a theist. It represents all rationalistic ignorance.
RE: God's Special Logic
Humans, we have a tendency to adhere position to ability. We are in a position less than god's therefore we lack the ability to understand him. I'm an African American therefore I cannot sit in the front of the bus. I'm not like god therefore I cannot question him.

When they get this stupid with me I bring up other gods and use the same logic on them, when they realize that their thinking allows for every other god to be unquestionable and an equal of their own it makes them angry and some realize their mistake.
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!
Sadly, she's not going to read this.
The god is special nonsense is nothing more than an apologist appeal to ignorance.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:When I pointed out that the Holy Bible indicates God created life using magic
What's the difference between magic, and something non-magical but not understood?

As Clarke said, Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
God's Special Logic
(March 31, 2014 at 10:40 am)alpha male Wrote:
Quote:When I pointed out that the Holy Bible indicates God created life using magic
What's the difference between magic, and something non-magical but not understood?

As Clarke said, Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

[Image: a9eje6u7.jpg]
(March 31, 2014 at 10:40 am)alpha male Wrote:

Well, then by all means, if God did not use magic, let's scientifically study God.
God's Special Logic
You can't, God's spaceship uses a cloaking device.

CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS!
(March 31, 2014 at 12:12 pm)Michael Schubert Wrote: Well, then by all means, if God did not use magic, let's scientifically study God.
The implication is that if we can't currently scientifically study something, it must be magical. That make quite a bit of the universe magical.
God's Special Logic
(March 31, 2014 at 12:56 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 12:12 pm)Michael Schubert Wrote: Well, then by all means, if God did not use magic, let's scientifically study God.
The implication is that if we can't currently scientifically study something, it must be magical. That make quite a bit of the universe magical.

http://youtu.be/E6Kh3ayh1LA

Stop projecting.

You're the only one advancing that claim.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9542 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Satirical logic for the atheistic mind Drich 158 18169 June 13, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What makes Christian God so special? causal code 16 4571 August 25, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  What is the logic in "life after death"? Fake Messiah 52 8048 March 11, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: comet
  Christoid Logic GodCherry 162 18299 February 19, 2016 at 3:48 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Christians think they have special rights GoHalos1993 10 2925 October 29, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  divine logic? ignoramus 30 6130 June 26, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19368 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  'Logic' Window: The Nutrition Of Wisdom Cyberman 0 1220 April 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Saw: Special God Edition Cyberman 1 1627 February 19, 2012 at 3:07 am
Last Post: Violet