Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists Duke it out
Theists Duke it out
I keep reading thread after thread about some theist wanting me to accept their religion.

I have heard Christians, Muslims ect telling me that I need to accept their beliefs. Now this gets confusing because I have no way of knowing who is right. I don't recall seeing a thread where one tries to convince the other to come to their side.

They appear to be bothered if I don't worship a god but not bothered if someone worships the wrong god.

So all you theists need to duke it out here and I'll let the winner try to convert me to the one true religion.
RE: Theists Duke it out
(March 31, 2014 at 9:42 am)KUSA Wrote: I keep reading thread after thread about some theist wanting me to accept their religion.

I have heard Christians, Muslims ect telling me that I need to accept their beliefs. Now this gets confusing because I have no way of knowing who is right. I don't recall seeing a thread where one tries to convince the other to come to their side.

They appear to be bothered if I don't worship a god but not bothered if someone worships the wrong god.

So all you theists need to duke it out here and I'll let the winner try to convert me to the one true religion.

this is true for atheist too. Wink
It really depends on what you believe in... You can't force others to believe in what you believe...

For instance, muslims can say "72 virgins" but many can say it can't be observed therefore there isn't proof.

Christians can say "God" but many can say it can't be observed so there isn't proof.

Atheist can say a dot exploded but many can say it was never observed therefore it isn't proof.

Really boils down to what you accept because all of these theories are based on faith and belief.

Although there is only one out of these faith based religions that contains prophecies that are 100% accurately coming to pass...
Theists Duke it out
(April 3, 2014 at 11:27 pm)AT7iLA Wrote: It really depends on what you believe in... You can't force others to believe in what you believe...

For instance, muslims can say "72 virgins" but many can say it can't be observed therefore there isn't proof.

Christians can say "God" but many can say it can't be observed so there isn't proof.

Atheist can say a dot exploded but many can say it was never observed therefore it isn't proof.

Really boils down to what you accept because all of these theories are based on faith and belief.

Although there is only one out of these faith based religions that contains prophecies that are 100% accurately coming to pass...

False dichotomy, and you don't seem to understand the definition of Atheist.
(April 3, 2014 at 11:27 pm)AT7iLA Wrote: It really depends on what you believe in... You can't force others to believe in what you believe...

Besides false dichotomy, none of the above are 100% accurate because all are created by humans.
Mother Mercy, take my hand; guide me through this forsaken land. Father Time, return what's mine; the innocence you stole from these eyes. 'Cause I just feel numb...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4857 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? Nope 60 15090 February 15, 2015 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8057 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s