Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Judaism and Christianity sayeth on Gwyneth
What Judaism and Christianity sayeth on Gwyneth
I am posting this because I think someone here is obsessed with his Gwynie.

Quote:Paltrow and Martin are separating after 11 years of marriage.

But this one came out of left field: the Rabbinical angle, courtesy of the Israeli paper, Haaretz and Rabbi Eliyahu Fink, headlined, “What Judaism has to say about Gwyneth Paltrow’s ‘conscious uncoupling.’”

What does Judaism say?

For better and sometimes for worse, Jewish marriage is forever; is that too much to ask these days?

Jewish marriage is the foil to conscious uncoupling. A Jewish marriage is a lifetime commitment. When presented with challenges, we embrace those challenges and work toward an even better marriage. Every moment of marriage intertwines the couple in a more intricate web that binds them together.

Not to be outdone, Christianity Today listed five things “g.p.” got wrong with her statement in its Her-Meneutics section. But the writer was relucantly drawn into the fray:

The Interwebs don’t need more snark about Gwyneth Paltrow, so I almost hesitate to weigh in on her “Conscious Uncoupling” announcement.

Almost.

Also, for a little added flavor, other unflattering comments:

Quote:Most common was the feminist take, as per Slate:

“Ever since Gwyneth Paltrow became famous in her early 20s, she has made women feel bad about themselves…”

And there were the inevitable cynics, illustrated by Salon:

“She turned her divorce into an opportunity to promote her newsletter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...?tid=hp_mm
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: What Judaism and Christianity sayeth on Gwyneth
Vultures, all of them vultures.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: What Judaism and Christianity sayeth on Gwyneth
Their split has nothing to do with his music or her films which is all we should care about.

I hate this need to know every detail about famous people.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.