Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right.... More Stupidity fom theists
Right.... More Stupidity fom theists
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/mi...afterlife/

Quote:A Minnesota man said last week that he fatally shot his son, and then tried to kill himself so they could continue the altercation in the “afterlife.”
RE: Right.... More Stupidity fom theists
[quote='Minimalist' pid='641126' dateline='1396289542']
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/mi...afterlife/

Quote:A Minnesota man said last week that he fatally shot his son, and then tried to kill himself so they could continue the altercation in the “afterlife.”

Darwin award nominee?

That's a sad story though. Wonder if this is more a case of insanity than theism.

(March 31, 2014 at 2:23 pm)sven Wrote: Darwin award nominee?
Only if he chambers another round.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Fucking hell, how pissed off do you have to be to throw yourself into the great beyond and have your first thought be "right, now where is that little shit?!"

Just let it the fuck go, man.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 31, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/mi...afterlife/

To paraphrase Mr Hicks, let's face it, we wouldn't have lost a cure for cancer here.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(March 31, 2014 at 2:23 pm)sven Wrote: That's a sad story though. Wonder if this is more a case of insanity than theism.

I had very little to do with it.
It's sad how Christians know very little about God's truths. God says that the soul that sins will die... Will go back to the ground and their breath (spirit/pneuma) go back to God who gave it. Therefore, when people die they simply go back to the ground and remain dead until the resurrection... They don't immediately go to heaven or hell... Hell doesn't exist right now, the bible says.

Well, in this case at least, the father is indeed going to a better place, one with free cable for everyone!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 4, 2014 at 1:24 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

Well, in this case at least, the father is indeed going to a better place, one with free cable for everyone!

And the opportunity to quarrel forever over who controls the remote.
It's too bad that these Darwin award winners have to take their offspring with them instead of just blowing their own brains out instead.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1561 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32635 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Conservatard Xhrisfucks - Reinventing Stupidity On A Cosmic Scale Minimalist 9 819 February 11, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The stupidity of sin robvalue 164 22148 October 14, 2016 at 7:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4160 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Typical Christian/creationist stupidity. bussta33 12 3827 February 1, 2016 at 5:24 pm
  Religious Stupidity In Antarctica God of Mr. Hanky 0 1015 December 29, 2015 at 8:42 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Are humans more insignificant to Atheists or Theists? ReptilianPeon 6 2040 December 11, 2015 at 10:53 pm
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4884 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  The more you attend Church, the more likely you are so support Torture. CapnAwesome 111 15795 December 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus