Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Called Today...
God Called Today...
He'd like to know why some traditions claim an exclusive on him. He also expressed his particular disdain for traditions (religions) that preach hell and eternal torment. He also said that he may not be a 'he' and that people should respect her. She says to say hello to her atheist flock Wink

Seriously though...

What gives one group exclusive rights to God while reserving all other beliefs for eternal punishment? Perhaps if theists are willing to be honest about their beliefs (not just parrot scripture) then they'll learn to accept all forms of belief... including atheism.

If I have any question at all, it is this... Christians, do you know Christ, or do you just worship Jesus the man? And if you do not know Christ, then why call yourselves Christians? Why not just call yourselves Jesusians?
RE: God Called Today...
Book says about eternal punishment. They think book tells the truth.
It's basically using the passages you like to reaffirm your own beliefs. if you want your enemies to burn forever in a lake of fire, than that's what happens to people that disagree with you. If you hate homosexuality, you can prioritize on that instead of loving your neighbor. There are many contradictions, and it's hard to figure out if parts of the bible are meant to be literal or not. There are tens of thousands of denominations, from people disagreeing on what parts are more important than others. You can't follow everything. \It's hard to turn the other cheek and love your enemies when some parts command you to kill those of other beliefs. Even Jesus sometimes said to kill people for him.

It's always funny to hear someone claim god might be female. There's no way the creator of the universe would be female, and believe it's a good thing for a rape victim to marry her rapist, or that women should be subservient to men. Or that their only function is how good they are at having children.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Don't forget that bible was assembled later by the council of Nicaea. So they put bunch of contradictory shit together.
There was for instance apocalypse of peter which was almost put in the bible(it describes hell in big detail btw).
(March 31, 2014 at 7:58 pm)Chad32 Wrote: There's no way the creator of the universe would be female...

Christians straight-up missed this lil gem in their book.

Genesis 1:27 "So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
(bold added by me)

They refuse to see it - the Christian God is both genders/aspects.
Honestly it would likely be asexual, but in a male dominated society they always used he or him to refer to Yahweh. Also of course the fated messiah was a male too. Not that it really matters, as history has not been kind to women in some cultures.

Notice how he carefully sculpted Adam from clay, and breathed life into his nostrils, while for Eve he took a rib out of Adam, and it just somehow became a woman.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 31, 2014 at 9:07 pm)Chad32 Wrote: ...male dominated society they always used he or him to refer to Yahweh...
Not before the mythical 'Adam' and other archetypes before him. 'Male dominance' was the decline of mankind (ironic). Human[kind] have always been both natures, with the feminine being predominant on this Earth.

I'm still waiting for a theist to show their God as numero uno on a genuine level.
I would suspect that much of the "us vs. them" mentality that many religions have is an evolutionary relic leftover from our tribal ancestors. Survival depended upon banding with your tribe and viewing all the others as the enemy. I'm sure when religions were first evolving into the structure that we see today, it was beneficial(and probably natural) to group people into those two categories, the righteous(your tribe) and the evil(the others).

Simply put, we're struggling to free ourselves from our evolutionary shackles that cause us to see the world as "us vs. them," and naturally, god is always going to side with the "us."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I got an email from god today. It went to my spam folder.
The only purpose behind religion is for man to feel dominant over another man. Groups to feel dominant over other groups. Men to feel dominant over women, and be able to grab a 'holy book' as their excuse for oppressing them. One race to feel dominant over another race. Heterosexuals to feel dominant over homosexuals. On and on it goes. It's been going on like this since the Paleolithic time period, where a form of ''pre religion'' was dominating their culture.

Perhaps, at the onset, mankind struggled to make sense of his surroundings and its place in the universe, before it ever understood that it was part of a vast and mysterious universe. But then, religions started forming, and man realized that he could dominate others through fear and thought control. Not unlike how Hitler dominated Europe and brainwashed people into thinking that the Jews were 'evil,' and must be terminated. Same principle. Why do we give a pass to religion? It has done devastating things to human kind over the centuries.

That's why religion exists...and that's why it always will exist. It's the making of gods, by mankind, to suit both its greatest desires and greatest depravities.

(March 31, 2014 at 9:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I got an email from god today. It went to my spam folder.

lmao Clap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The church of scientology called me Erinome 12 7109 June 17, 2012 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Cato