Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is illegal, it can't be legal, it has to be illegal right?
This is illegal, it can't be legal, it has to be illegal right?
Quote:Two atheists went to a notary at a local bank, where they have gone more than a dozen times to have work documents signed, The employer asked them to explain what we were having notarized. The documents were charitable organizations registrations for American Atheists in several states. So they told her what AA is about. She looked down, then looked at them and told [The American Atheists President] Dave Silverman and said she couldn't sign the documents because of "personal reasons" and they have to go and find another notary who was eating his lunch to come to do the authentications.

Here's the full article
http://www.examiner.com/article/bank-not...n-atheists

And the article that AMERICAN ATHEISTS Organization wrote about it.
http://news.atheists.org/2014/03/27/amer...statement/

I mean there has to be a rule or a law that says that no matter what are you're religious beliefs the bank has the obligation to give you the same services as everyone else right?
RE: This is illegal, it can't be legal, it has to be illegal right?
I'm not sure if it's legal or not, but if someone is as bigoted as that notary, I'm happy to know it so I don't give them my business. There are plenty of notaries in the world.
RE: This is illegal, it can't be legal, it has to be illegal right?
Oddly, it even seems to be against TD Bank's policies.

http://www.tdbank.com/aboutus/diversity.html

Quote:TD has been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality in the United States by the Human Rights Campaign since 2010.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2698 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1643 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Not All US Republicans Are Against Illegal Immigration BrianSoddingBoru4 4 521 June 27, 2020 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2549 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants? Aegon 66 5190 August 25, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Asshole Can't Even Appoint The Right Judges Minimalist 11 1419 November 16, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  U2 chooses legal abortion over Christianity Foxaèr 11 1603 May 5, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Marijuana becoming legal little by little: the bitter victory WinterHold 19 2725 April 26, 2018 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  And Another Legal Front Opens Against The WLB Minimalist 2 451 March 28, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Some people trying to do the right thing just can't win brewer 9 2432 June 28, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: ignoramus