Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies
Movies
Two which are worth watching for different reasons....

The Man From Earth

Quote:As John's colleagues continue to press him to explain the reason for his departure, John slowly, and somewhat reluctantly, reveals that he is a prehistoric "caveman" who has lived for more than 14 millennia, and that he relocates every 10 years to keep others from realizing that he does not age.

The Body

Quote:The Body is a 2001 film based on a novel by Richard Sapir, and starring Antonio Banderas and Olivia Williams.

The movie follows Father Matt Gutierrez (Banderas), a Jesuit priest sent by the Vatican to investigate an archaeologic finding by Dr. Sharon Galban (Williams) which is suspected to be the remains of the body of Jesus Christ. This finding puts Gutierrez' faith and his doubts in constant confrontation with Galban's scientific views.

The difference between the two is that the second one cops out at the end.... whereas the first, after a few plot twists, does not.
RE: Movies
[Image: 1386889959119.jpg]
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(April 1, 2014 at 2:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Two which are worth watching for different reasons....

The Man From Earth

Quote:As John's colleagues continue to press him to explain the reason for his departure, John slowly, and somewhat reluctantly, reveals that he is a prehistoric "caveman" who has lived for more than 14 millennia, and that he relocates every 10 years to keep others from realizing that he does not age.

The Body

Quote:The Body is a 2001 film based on a novel by Richard Sapir, and starring Antonio Banderas and Olivia Williams.

The movie follows Father Matt Gutierrez (Banderas), a Jesuit priest sent by the Vatican to investigate an archaeologic finding by Dr. Sharon Galban (Williams) which is suspected to be the remains of the body of Jesus Christ. This finding puts Gutierrez' faith and his doubts in constant confrontation with Galban's scientific views.

The difference between the two is that the second one cops out at the end.... whereas the first, after a few plot twists, does not.

So what are the reasons they are worth watching?

They both assault "faith."
(April 1, 2014 at 3:37 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: [Image: 1386889959119.jpg]

I feel bad for laughing at that.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Break up movies TaraJo 4 529 January 25, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Reader's Digest movies. Gawdzilla Sama 2 559 November 15, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Amazing movies that are terrible biographies Shell B 59 16041 September 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My Top 10 Superhero Movies Mechaghostman2 10 2048 October 8, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jesster
  My Top 10 Stupid Fun Movies Mechaghostman2 7 1269 July 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  My Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Mechaghostman2 92 14106 June 26, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Organic Machine
  Top 10 Dinosaur Movies Mechaghostman2 12 2426 June 6, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Shitty movies you've seen vorlon13 89 12286 January 9, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Top Ten Horror Movies BrokenQuill92 23 5110 November 3, 2014 at 9:34 am