Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truly objective ethics
Truly objective ethics
Hi,
to all interested in secular, universal, absolute and objective morality / ethics.

There is a universal moral system that consists of objective ethics and sacrificial morality, each governing interactions between people (or any intelligent beings) in its respective sphere of society - public and private. The public sphere includes all formal social institutions, and the private sphere includes relations in family, between sexes, friends, etc. There is also the book "(removed)" describing the first part of the moral system.

Here is a short summary. The book shows (and proves) why there could be the only one possible "true" ethics - objective ethics (OE). This true ethics is objective in the sense that its source is in objective (social) reality independent of any possible moral actor. Objective ethics is the basis for actions of and relations between any intelligent beings not connected personally. It has nothing to do with religion, traditions or science. The foundations of OE are purely metaphysical although its practical norms are found and formed through a trusted fair contract between free moral actors. However, OE is not based on contract. Rather it is contract that based on this ethics. Universal common ground for consensus is freedom, and in order to achieve it OE demands the elimination of all forms of violence, coercion, oppression, influence and the like that may violate free expression of the will. Therefore OE leads humanity to a free and just society that is a moral alternative to the modern oppressive order. OE brings no practical benefits, goods or utility, and its ultimate goal is absolute freedom even if it is unreachable.

There is a site dedicated to objective ethics - (removed). It is based on the book and presents all of the important ideas. Thanks for your time / interest.
RE: Truly objective ethics
[Image: didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif]
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Ermagawd tired of seeing "objective morality". 'Tis actually called "moral realism" friends. :p Many atheists twists themselves into pretzels here by accidentally weaseling between different meanings of the word "objective", and equivocating. Hence, if they really accepted their criticisms of "objective morality" as valid, they might as well throw out maths and logic too.

An intersting ethical system I've run across was described as an "anarcho-Kantian" framework, and I thought it was pretty brilliant.
Quote:Universal common ground for consensus is freedom, and in order to achieve it OE demands the elimination of all forms of violence, coercion, oppression, influence and the like that may violate free expression of the will.

In other words....unobtainable.
Wow, a 1-post hit-and-run ad for a website? What fun!

-edit-
I found that the linked site includes an offer to download an e-pub of this guy's philosophy for just $20 CAD. Extra fun!
(April 4, 2014 at 12:48 am)bennyboy Wrote: Wow, a 1-post hit-and-run ad for a website? What fun!

-edit-
I found that the linked site includes an offer to download an e-pub of this guy's philosophy for just $20 CAD. Extra fun!

Indeed. Oops! What link?
(April 4, 2014 at 12:48 am)bennyboy Wrote: Wow, a 1-post hit-and-run ad for a website? What fun!

-edit-

You don't actually have to pay to download the book.

Prisoner Wrote: The test of reasonableness
But what about the contract? What if the opponent does not want dialogue? If he arrogantly declares that our arguments are not intuitive, irrational and inconclusive? That OE is unscientific, unproven and has not passed the evaluation of the highly respected philosophical community? That it has not been published in peer-reviewed journals? Not taught at prestigious universities? That it is set out in plain, primitive language, and the new book itself is too expensive? Friends, do not despair! Years of experience has taught me that people seek the truth, they want to understand the world and use every chance for this. You are just not lucky yet to meet them. Therefore, to avoid unnecessary frustration, it is useful to first make sure that you are dealing with a man, and only then begin to communicate.

Smile

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote: The book shows (and proves) why there could be the only one possible "true" ethics - objective ethics (OE).

Call now with offer code "atheism" to get a free trial of objective ethics plus, and win a trip to the moral high ground!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 4, 2014 at 1:02 pm)rasetsu Wrote:

-edit-

You don't actually have to pay to download the book.
Oh my God, I like totally misjudged this guy? Big Grin
(April 4, 2014 at 6:13 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 1:02 pm)rasetsu Wrote: You don't actually have to pay to download the book.
Oh my God, I like totally misjudged this guy? Big Grin

OMG like it totally doesn't matter. Big Grin

Hit and runners get squarshed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ethics of Neutrality John 6IX Breezy 16 1233 November 20, 2023 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ethics of Fashion John 6IX Breezy 60 3827 August 9, 2022 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3150 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Ethics Disagreeable 44 3937 March 23, 2022 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: deepend
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1862 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What is the point of multiple types of ethics? Macoleco 12 1151 October 2, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Objective Standard for Goodness! chimp3 33 5732 June 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Does one need to go through traumatic experience to truly appreciate living? Aegon 27 3140 May 14, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8312 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13748 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok