Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So U think Vegan is healthy?
So U think Vegan is healthy?
THINK AGAIN!

Found this on youtube, here is a video from a Vegan's (Honey) youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd9i3LYoJk

One of many where she talks about her various ailments. Here's another one:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TL1sDC0oJ8

At 4:54 Honey says about her condition: "there are no treatments to make it go away". Okay so you get the gist of it, she is unable to stand for long lengths of time and spends most of her life lying down, has seen dozens of doctors to no avail.

Next, on a paleo diet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Px5-9dn3o

And this will probably trip you out, 3 months on Harley gives an update on his diet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx8pt0Ygrzo
  • After only 3 months of eating fresh cuts of beef, lamb, venison and chicken I have gained so much strength and muscle mass. I would never have guessed I would be making a video like this. Doctors told me my condition seemed permanent and degenerative. I was literally shopping for a wheelchair just before the switch. As you can see, I have a strong will, but I physically couldn't work out before, because long-term veganism made my body weak.I was raised vegetarian vegan on a healthy diet, no fast food crap. I was a sprinter and a ballet dancer, but I always struggled with weakness and chest pain during exercise. However, my health got worse and worse over the years, and I was chronically ill from age 7. I never wanted to give in and eat defenseless animals, and I had not seen enough evidence to support it being necessary for health. I defended myself all through school, researched healthy diets and tried to figure out why I was sick. Doctors did all the tests they could, noone could figure it out. I was on painkillers, antibiotics and eventually an inhaler. I came off it all and tried to make my diet the healthiest it could be. I tried all the different vegan diets I could over the course of 5 years, but I was only getting sicker and sicker.I was finally convinced to eat meat by Dr Loren Cordain's work, and the documentary "The Perfect Human Diet". I did not expect eating this way would heal me, as nothing had worked so far. However, it is so clear that diet is the reason for my improvement in health, as it is the only variable that changed in my life. I can also feel a massive difference in my body and mind since eating this way. Veganism caused me so much suffering, sometimes it's unbearable to think about. I'm lucky to be alive.Vegans: I've actually saved many thousands of animals from death with my previous work educating people about cruel animal rearing practices. I now choose to eat the most ethical meat I can, and consume it with gratitude. Please share this video, especially with any sick vegans or vegetarians. Noone could give me a good reason to eat meat before I read Dr Loren Cordain's research. I then read about dietary lectins, which seem to trigger my worst symptoms. Those two pieces of knowledge saved my life, so please share with those who need to know.SCIENTIFIC PAPER WRITTEN BY DR LOREN CORDAIN: http://www.direct-ms.org/pdf/Evolutio...Follow me on social media websites to join in on the fun!https://twitter.com/trollsneedhugshttp://trollsneedhugs.tumblr.com/http://www.facebook.com/trollsneedhugs
So much for vegan diets being healthy!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: So U think Vegan is healthy?
She clearly had some severe deficiencies. And now xe must eat meat? Well maybe she must, but it's a false dichotomy to say that because it is dangerous to get deficiencies when eating vegan, therefore meat.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 4, 2014 at 6:05 am)Alex K Wrote: She clearly had some severe deficiencies.
Bullshit.

You mind explaining to me how she lived through 22 years of chronic health problems from age 4 to age 26 and saw literally dozens of different doctors but none of them could diagnose a simple nutrient deficiency? In terms of chronic fatigue, her story isn't unique - many people have cured themselves of medically diagnosed chronic fatigue by giving up vegan diets, but that hardly goes away to explaining the extent of her health problems including chronic pain and insomnia. Furthermore she states that: "I tried all the different vegan diets I could over the course of 5 years, but I was only getting sicker and sicker." Her health problems started at the age of four!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Sorry vegans, but I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome bacon is!!!
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 4, 2014 at 7:06 am)Aractus Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 6:05 am)Alex K Wrote: She clearly had some severe deficiencies.
Bullshit.

You mind explaining to me how she lived through 22 years of chronic health problems from age 4 to age 26 and saw literally dozens of different doctors but none of them could diagnose a simple nutrient deficiency? In terms of chronic fatigue, her story isn't unique - many people have cured themselves of medically diagnosed chronic fatigue by giving up vegan diets, but that hardly goes away to explaining the extent of her health problems including chronic pain and insomnia. Furthermore she states that: "I tried all the different vegan diets I could over the course of 5 years, but I was only getting sicker and sicker." Her health problems started at the age of four!

If it wasn't a deficiency, what else is there? It's not like meat has magical properties. It's gotta be something that is in it which was missing, no?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 4, 2014 at 7:16 am)Alex K Wrote: If it wasn't a deficiency, what else is there? It's not like meat has magical properties. It's gotta be something that is in it which was missing, no?
If it's a deficiency in the classical sense (vitamin, minerals, etc) then explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kky6mUKxoms

Feel free to let everyone know that you've solved an otherwise 20-year+ unsolvable problem that doctors couldn't when you have a specific answer.

What is your problem?
Many people find that they are happier and healthier on a vegan diet. The fact that some people don't only goes to show that everyone is different.

Your obsession with food, particularly what other people choose to eat or not eat, is unhealthy and a bit odd.
@Nora - I found Harley's story incredibly compelling. The poor guy's waited 26 years to start living. I don't find that to be a problem, in fact it's forever changed my view as of today on vegetarianism. He ate what he believed to be a wholesome healthy diet, and if not for deciding to try the paleo diet he would still be suffering with his ailments. FYI I found the video entirely by chance, I wasn't searching for anything to do with veganism at all when I stumbled on it.

Now I could be the one asking Alex K what his problem is seeing as he thinks it's "just a nutrient deficiency no meat needed", and to that I have the same bemused feeling that Harley displays at the end of the "crazy stuff i tried" video.

Watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNON5iNf07o

If it's not a nutrient deficiency, then what is it that happens when we start eating meat to make some of us healthy again?
Trollsneedhugs is an great channel name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to eat healthy Woah0 20 1684 September 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Tried making vegan burgers. . . bennyboy 10 1335 August 3, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5860 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  some tips to keep your heart healthy robetjems 4 2341 November 6, 2009 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc