Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liquid water on Enceladus
Liquid water on Enceladus
Add another moon to the list of objects in solar system that could have liquid water.

Quote:An ocean at least as large as Lake Superior lies below a thick layer of ice on a moon of Saturn, new data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft suggests.

The results, published in the journal Science, support earlier signs that this small moon has liquid water. That means Saturn's sixth-largest moon could have been -- or could now be -- hospitable to life.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/03/tech/innov...?hpt=hp_t2
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: Liquid water on Enceladus
(April 4, 2014 at 10:05 am)popeyespappy Wrote: Add another moon to the list of objects in solar system that could have liquid water.

Quote:An ocean at least as large as Lake Superior lies below a thick layer of ice on a moon of Saturn, new data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft suggests.

The results, published in the journal Science, support earlier signs that this small moon has liquid water. That means Saturn's sixth-largest moon could have been -- or could now be -- hospitable to life.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/03/tech/innov...?hpt=hp_t2

Nessie probably lives there.
I thought all water was liquid. Duh...

It is. Except when it's a solid. Or a gas. Or in my bladder.

What a great find. Really blows old VenomFangX's "the Earth is the only place in the Universe with water" canard out of the sky, doesn't it?

Trivia time: I have my signature encoded on a CD-ROM aboard the Cassini-Huygens spacecraft, courtesy of the JPL. Long after I'm gone, my name will still be out there (all else being equal) being used by aliens to claim Social Security.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I want a planet with a lake of liquid brandy!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Vodka for me!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Open water in Barrow, Alaska Jehanne 8 1843 May 5, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If water is tasteless and air is tasteless then why doesn't air taste like water? ErGingerbreadMandude 24 4607 January 27, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Mars has flowing water according to NASA A Theist 2 1404 September 28, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Mars - Water from long long ago. Minimalist 3 1312 December 9, 2014 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Water, water, everywhere..... Minimalist 26 4342 November 1, 2014 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Water bending CindysRain 8 2386 July 4, 2014 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: CindysRain
  Space Water Bears naimless 8 3742 February 24, 2013 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Video: Dancing Water Drops In Earth Orbit orogenicman 1 1456 February 12, 2012 at 10:25 am
Last Post: creedman60
  Physics Problem: what % barrel floating above water The_Flying_Skeptic 11 9826 November 21, 2011 at 10:30 am
Last Post: IATIA
  Article about how Earth supplied its own water during formation Loki_999 1 1886 November 30, 2010 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris