Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the existence of the DOT?
What about the existence of the DOT?
We are so concerned about disproving the existence of God.

Yes, we've heard it all. God doesn't exist because thus and so.

What about the existence of the dot that exploded billions of years ago? How do we prove it to be scientific when it was never observed nor recorded?

How come we've never seen evolution?

We can point at a fossil and say that it's proof of evolution, but how believable is it really if we can't prove if that creature even reproduced?

Please show me, without using "belief and faith" proof of these things...

Just asking.
RE: What about the existence of the DOT?
Everything you just claimed is wrong. Where to start...

I don't know what you mean by dot. There is direct and indirect evidence that the universe has expanded from a hot dense state. Are you interested in learning anything about it?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Can AT7iLA prove that he's smarter than a fifth grader? Please show me.
[Image: funny-cat-pics-lets-see-how-you-like-the...sniper.jpg]
After you've heard the same stupid fucking questions for the thousandth fucking time.....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 5, 2014 at 1:26 am)AT7iLA Wrote: We are so concerned about disproving the existence of God.

BTW, we don't have to disprove the existence of god, it's already been done(at least, your god anyway)

The onus of proof is on you pal Wink
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
We see evolution happen all the time, the flu virus mutates (evolves) every year, that's why we need to keep changing the vaccine.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Quote:We are so concerned about disproving the existence of God.

I'm not. Not in the least. I'm more concerned with people grasping the notion that the idea of God needs to be proved, not disproved.

Quote:Yes, we've heard it all. God doesn't exist because thus and so.

You've heard it. You haven't listened.

Quote:What about the existence of the dot that exploded billions of years ago? How do we prove it to be scientific when it was never observed nor recorded?

Phenomena do not have to be observed to have scientific merit. Science employs inference as well as observation. For example, no human being has ever seen the inside of a star, but it is not unreasonable to assume that stars have interiors.

Quote: How come we've never seen evolution?

We have - it happens all the time. Biological evolution has been observed in the lab as well as in the field.

Quote:We can point at a fossil and say that it's proof of evolution, but how believable is it really if we can't prove if that creature even reproduced?

Have you ever seen or even heard of a creature that wasn't the result of reproduction? By the by, biologists and paleontologists never EVER point at a fossil and say, 'Look! That's proof of evolution!'

Quote:Please show me, without using "belief and faith" proof of these things...

Sorry, I shan't. You can do it yourself. You clearly don't grasp how science works or what scientists do. I'd be happy to recommend several books and websites that could point you in the right direction, but it's not my task to 'prove' 5000 years of human inquiry to someone who clearly hasn't done their homework.

Quote: Just asking.

Yes, asking questions that have been asked and answered thousands of times already.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 5, 2014 at 1:26 am)AT7iLA Wrote: We are so concerned about disproving the existence of God.

Not really: we have no need to disprove something that has never once been demonstrated, ever.

Quote:Yes, we've heard it all. God doesn't exist because thus and so.

I think there's probably also some evidence in there too.

Quote:What about the existence of the dot that exploded billions of years ago? How do we prove it to be scientific when it was never observed nor recorded?

So, first of all, I don't think you understand what the big bang theory is. Second of all, how do we prove it? Other evidence, like cosmic background radiation, red shift, and so on. You don't need to have observed something to have evidence that it happened.

Quote:How come we've never seen evolution?

You haven't, but I need to ask, how much research did you do before you asked this question? Because I've actually looked, so I've seen the evidence, and I've also literally seen evolution happening live, in front of me. Once you tell me how much study you bothered to do beforehand, I'll tell you how.

Quote:We can point at a fossil and say that it's proof of evolution, but how believable is it really if we can't prove if that creature even reproduced?

Fine, if you're going to be that difficult and solipsistic, then you also can't prove that you existed before today, since you can't monitor the past. Don't be difficult, and actually look at the evidence. Because this is just frustrating.

Quote:Please show me, without using "belief and faith" proof of these things...

I will, but first, did you even open up google and do a search for any of this before you asked us?

Quote:Just asking.

Well, so am I. I'd like to see how intellectually curious and interested in seeing things beyond your preconceived notions before I expend the time showing you things. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

What about the existence of the dot that exploded billions of years ago? How do we prove it to be scientific when it was never observed nor recorded?

How come we've never seen evolution?

We can point at a fossil and say that it's proof of evolution, but how believable is it really if we can't prove if that creature even reproduced?

Please show me, without using "belief and faith" proof of these things...

Just asking.

There
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Ob...l_evidence

You make a model of the past which makes predictions for the future. You look at what you see now and if it matches what the model predicts it's most likely correct.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 3912 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10509 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1829 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3219 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6641 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 13968 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  What self-subsists, maximum or minimal existence? Mystic 19 2064 March 16, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: masterofpuppets
  Q about arguments for God's existence. Mudhammam 579 146140 October 25, 2016 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The Ontological Argument for the Existence of God athrock 429 72902 March 14, 2016 at 2:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Oncological Argument against the existence of God Alex K 49 11493 December 25, 2015 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Cyberman