Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come See Me, Dammit!
Heart 
Come See Me, Dammit!
I want to meet people on these forums in real life. I love you guys. I know y'all are real far away, but I'm a really cool person totally worth meeting. I live in Birmingham, Alabama, but I promise you won't get murdered or chased by the KKK if you come here. We actually have a lot of hippies and atheists and gay people and pretty trees here. I'm friends with the Birmingham police (they used to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with me). If anyone gives us trouble, I'll just kill 'em. Cool Shades

I've been in this city all my life, so I know all the best places to go. We can pick a lively place, a quiet place, a bar, a restaurant, a park, whatever.

Setting a date will be tricky, so please tell me the soonest you could be here if you want to come see me.

I can introduce you to the local atheist groups, and you can hear all about what it's really like to be an atheist in Alabama. Some of what they have to say might surprise you.

Birmingham has some great restaurants of like, every imaginable sort. Indian, Middle Eastern, Cajun, Southern, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Mexican... you name it, we have it. While you're here, I can give you recommendations of where to go when you get hungry. Most of them will be extremely affordable. Big Grin
RE: Come See Me, Dammit!
I drove through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama one time. It was a relief to get to fucking Georgia.

I'll never go back. But if you ever get to Phoenix........
(April 6, 2014 at 2:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I drove through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama one time. It was a relief to get to fucking Georgia.

I'll never go back. But if you ever get to Phoenix........
Birmingham, Alabama is not the same as Everywhere Else, Alabama. There are a lot of liberals in the city, due probably to my college (an urban campus) being there, and all the black people.
You still have to go through Redneck wonderland to get to it.

[Image: funny-redneck-christmas-20.jpg]
Next time I'm in the US I'll try to swing by.

I have an online friend who used to live in Mobile (but has since moved to New York).
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 6, 2014 at 3:01 pm)Beccs Wrote: Next time I'm in the US I'll try to swing by.

I have an online friend who used to live in Mobile (but has since moved to New York).
Thank you, Beccs. I'd love to see you.
I'll be in B-ham next weekend visiting my brother. If you want to get coffee let me know.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 6, 2014 at 3:16 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'll be in B-ham next weekend visiting my brother. If you want to get coffee let me know.

Tiger

I don't know if my mom will let me out of the house because I'm manic right now, but I would really like to see you, so we'll see how it works out.
I'd love to see you, but unfortunately it won't happen too soon as work has taken over my life and I won't see daylight until July or so..

I used to travel though Birmingham often. I like the city, but the 5 o'clock traffic is TERRIBLE! Great restaurants and fairly friendly people. Good Furniture shopping too!
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Been through the southern tail once on I-10. So, legally I've been in Mobile city limits, but all I remember are trees (this was 1993). Left it on SR-163 to get gas in my father's Toyota Carolla. Not sure what town that would have been, but it was creepy.

I'm sure B'ham is much better. As a gymnastics fan, I noticed the NCAA's are taking place up in that city this season, so...that's one thing going for it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 455 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 463 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Your chance to see Melania standing next to a horse's ass...that isn't named Trump arewethereyet 8 678 November 24, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1148 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2639 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
  T-shirts you would like to see onlinebiker 10 1330 August 9, 2019 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Long time no see T.J. 15 1338 August 8, 2019 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  If you see something, say something Foxaèr 24 2160 February 1, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1267 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The How Come Thread Rhondazvous 22 2587 May 24, 2018 at 7:13 am