Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bone to pick with leading atheists
My bone to pick with leading atheists
I like richard Dawkins and other such leading atheists and think they are rather intelligent men and are doing a great job a taking down the 3 big world religions.

However, I have a bone to pick with them, I my self am a fairyist, this belief system includes the belief that fairy's, unicorns and other such mythical creatures do in fact exist or have existed. That is why they became mythological creatures because they where infact based on real creatures that have either gone extinct or became experts at hiding themselves from humans after seeing what we did to other creatures. So, I would appreciate it very much if Richard dawkins and others stopped using fairy's and unicorns as example to belief in god. I know they don't believe in these creatures, but them mocking them like they are some sort of joke upsets us fairyists and underminds us as a genuine religion. So can I please get your good people of this forums support on this, thanks, cromwell.
RE: My bone to pick with leading atheists
(April 7, 2014 at 8:56 pm)cromwell Wrote: I like richard Dawkins and other such leading atheists and think they are rather intelligent men and are doing a great job a taking down the 3 big world religions.

However, I have a bone to pick with them, I my self am a fairyist, this belief system includes the belief that fairy's, unicorns and other such mythical creatures do in fact exist or have existed. That is why they became mythological creatures because they where infact based on real creatures that have either gone extinct or became experts at hiding themselves from humans after seeing what we did to other creatures. So, I would appreciate it very much if Richard dawkins and others stopped using fairy's and unicorns as example to belief in god. I know they don't believe in these creatures, but them mocking them like they are some sort of joke upsets us fairyists and underminds us as a genuine religion. So can I please get your good people of this forums support on this, thanks, cromwell.

There are no fairies.
Um...seriously?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 7, 2014 at 8:57 pm)tor Wrote: [quote='cromwell' pid='646398' dateline='1396918560']

There are no fairies.

This is your view and that is fine, but I feel different and so do many others. I am upset that no one takes this belief seriously and feel that we as fairyists are constantly mocked and used by leading atheists.
Durrrrrr, I believe in happy magical fairies and unicorns durrrrr. Respect my bewiefs.

No. Fuck off.
Hope this is a joke lol
I have rocks salt!!!!
(April 7, 2014 at 9:12 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Durrrrrr, I believe in happy magical fairies and unicorns durrrrr. Respect my bewiefs.

No. Fuck off.

Is there any need to to talk to another human being like that? I respect your beliefs so please respect mine.
(April 7, 2014 at 9:09 pm)cromwell Wrote: I am upset that no one takes this belief seriously and feel that we as fairyists are constantly mocked and used by leading atheists.

If you want people to take your belief seriously, try substantiating it with evidence and reason.

We won't hold our breath.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 7, 2014 at 9:16 pm)cromwell Wrote: Is there any need to to talk to another human being like that? I respect your beliefs so please respect mine.

Yes. You believe in fairies. If you are seriously that stupid, you should be used to ridicule on the internet. If you're not, then I'm glad I'm the first to ridicule you for such a ridiculous belief.

FYI, stupid beliefs have no right to be respected. You're welcome to them, but frankly, I don't think you should even breed with an intellect that low.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1948 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2203 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet