Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dishonesty
Dishonesty
Does it have actual meaning or it's just something people call people they don't like? Seems like it's tossed around left and right and I'm not sure it means what I think it means.
RE: Dishonesty
I honestly believe that you would be too lazy to look it up Wink
(April 10, 2014 at 2:13 am)tor Wrote: Does it have actual meaning or it's just something people call people they don't like? Seems like it's tossed around left and right and I'm not sure it means what I think it means.

There's a lot more faux-naïf and disingenuousness, straightforward dishonesty is easy to deal with by comparison.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(April 10, 2014 at 2:13 am)tor Wrote: Does it have actual meaning or it's just something people call people they don't like? Seems like it's tossed around left and right and I'm not sure it means what I think it means.

Inconceivable!!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson