Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof
Proof
Theists,here is how I shall measure proof of god(s): Let me touch him/her/it. Until I can feel god beneath my fingertips, it's not real. Seeing is crap, so is hearing. Bring me a god I can touch and we'll talk.
RE: Proof
(April 10, 2014 at 6:00 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Theists,here is how I shall measure proof of god(s): Let me touch him/her/it. Until I can feel god beneath my fingertips, it's not real. Seeing is crap, so is hearing. Bring me a god I can touch and we'll talk.

Can you touch neutrinos?
(April 10, 2014 at 6:00 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Theists,here is how I shall measure proof of god(s): Let me touch him/her/it. Until I can feel god beneath my fingertips, it's not real. Seeing is crap, so is hearing. Bring me a god I can touch and we'll talk.

I have God just here...

Damn my filthy mind. Angry Sorry Wink
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Good luck finding that god.

You can't touch gods, you have to understand that they're there. That's the proof they insist upon.
(April 10, 2014 at 6:27 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Good luck finding that god.

You can't touch gods, you have to understand that they're there. That's the proof they insist upon.

Isn't understanding predicated upon some form of feedback or reaction from the external world? I agree that all this talk of touching is too stringent, and in fact it's exactly the kind of thing I'd roll my eyes at if a theist brought it up ("You can't see or touch the air, yet you still believe in that!" type thing.) but understanding doesn't happen in a vacuum. How does one bridge that gap?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
There is no gap. The gap is your invention. Our understanding/ logic is founded upon our real world experience and the logic of its functioning. From there we can think independently of physically non extant subjects.
(April 10, 2014 at 7:00 am)fr0d0 Wrote: There is no gap. The gap is your invention. Our understanding/ logic is founded upon our real world experience and the logic of its functioning. From there we can think independently of physically non extant subjects.

So if I'm reading this right, your understanding of god comes solely from your logic? But logic- anything mental, really- only works if the input data is interpreted accurately.

To put it another way, you'd agree with me that all manner of mental illnesses and delusional ideas also function through thought devoid of physical evidence, surely? What's the difference between your logical apprehension of god, and any of those?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

ROFLOL

why in no god's name does this outlook justifies anything?

But I do think the notions of symmetry do apply. Equal and opposite ass-a-nine

Talking to you is like talking to a 5 year old. No-God Rationalizes why you have to eat your veggies before ice-cream. At some point we get down to ... I wasting my time.
(April 10, 2014 at 7:09 am)Esquilax Wrote: What's the difference between your logical apprehension of god, and any of those?

One is logically sound, the other is not.

As I discuss that I find that others cannot fault it, so I'm lead to believe that what I understand is correct.
I love how Theists say such a thing isn't possible, yet in the bible God is constantly coming down and interacting with people.

Theist logic is:
1. God exists
2. I can't see/smell/hear/feel God
Therefore God can't be felt/seen/heard etc.

It might fool a young child, but that's about it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6659 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Proof god is a quack! no one 27 2504 January 18, 2021 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1409 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2009 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Proof of Jesus through Personal testimony. Christianity over other faiths orthodox-man 46 8284 January 29, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Very short argument for God (another clear proof) Mystic 123 23595 January 26, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5224 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Using scripture as proof. Incoherent-Chaos 19 2603 February 23, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is Trump absolute Proof that there's no loving god? The Valkyrie 16 3464 February 22, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  is this proof of god? goombah111 23 5062 January 2, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Alex K