Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colbert Takes Over The Late Show
Colbert Takes Over The Late Show
Looking like Stephen Colbert is going to be taking Dave Letterman's spot.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/showbiz/st...?hpt=us_t2

Quote:Stephen Colbert will succeed David Letterman as host of "The Late Show," CBS announced Thursday, one week after Letterman told his audience that he would retire sometime in 2015.

CBS said Colbert had signed a five-year contract to helm the iconic late-night broadcast.

Colbert, 49, has been the host of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" since 2005.

Will Colbert remain in his Comedy Central character? No. Colbert told Bill Carter of The New York Times, "I won't be doing the new show in character, so we'll all get to find out how much of him was me. I'm looking forward to it."
RE: Colbert Takes Over The Late Show
Mixed feelings. On the one hand MORE COLBERT!!! Big Grin On the other hand the Colbert Report will go away. Sad
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
But John Oliver debuts on HBO on April 27. It will give me one more reason to keep HBO aside from Bill Maher.
Colbert Nation!!!! Only person sexier is Bill Maher!
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
This'll be good. I don't watch Colbert unless he has someone good on. I watch TDS, don't really care to watch both.

That being said I do like Colbert, and I would like to see what he's like when he's not being 'Colbert.'
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I want to know if he'll now be Stephen Cole-bert, instead of Cole-bair.
I love this guy but I hate late night talk shows.
(April 10, 2014 at 10:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: But John Oliver debuts on HBO on April 27. It will give me one more reason to keep HBO aside from Bill Maher.

I scam HBO Go from my parents who have to have HBO as part of their satellite package in order to get my dad his 60 channels of ESPN. Sweet deal. Big Grin
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It takes two. Brian37 4 449 April 29, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Dems don't show up. onlinebiker 14 705 October 23, 2020 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3852 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 280 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole Minimalist 78 7027 June 18, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Trump Turns G-7 into a Reality Show Jehanne 136 15688 June 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Craigslist takes personals section offline. rskovride 9 583 March 24, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD. The Grand Nudger 2 450 February 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Stephen Colbert - The WLB Sings The Anthem Minimalist 3 513 January 10, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Colbert With the Mooch Minimalist 4 643 August 15, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13