Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unconventional opinions
Unconventional opinions
Things you think that are contrary to what most people seem to think.
For example, I really disliked the The Hunger Games movie. Everyone else seemed to like it, however.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: Unconventional opinions
I think daisies r ugly.
I think if god had existed, his gift to women would be exactly like me. I never understood how so many women could be so confused as to disagree with such a plain truth.
Tongue
Maybe it's not such a mystery... Thinking

You realize praetorian prefect Sejanus came to a very nasty end, right?
Panic

I find that I'm often the contrarian. I like holding that position. I could rattle off a list of TV shows and films that are absolutely crap but we'd be here all day. Some of the more notable ones are How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory and IT Crowd which are all absolute guff. I also hate almost every stand up comedian.

I hate every single internet meme, just by virtue of them being one, because I hate bandwagonning. As soon as I see the dreaded 'white blocky font' I immediately know it's not funny. I hate pretty much everything that gets shared on social media, actually. Any kind of message or slogan on top of a picture (you know the ones, about how your aunt is the only person who's a mother, sister and a friend, or how friends are like stars or some shit), or one of those e-greetings with some dull, sarcastic sentence on it. They are, without exception, incredibly boring and unfunny, for people with sense of humour deficiencies.

I think that a newspaper making a retraction should have to dedicate the same amount of column inches to their apology/retraction as they did to the original story. It's a really simple way to ensure more honest journalism.

There's probably more. That'll do for now.
-'Star Wars' (the entire franchise) is puerile rubbish.

-Alcoholism is NOT a disease.

-Most devoutly religious people are not evil-minded simpletons bent on destroying your rights.

-Jerry Seinfeld might very well be the least funny human being ever to walk the face of the Earth.

-There has never been a candy bar worth the money.

-Richard Wagner's music - all of it - is execrable.

-There hasn't been a decent vampire story written since 1897.

That'll do to go on with. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 11, 2014 at 4:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: -'Star Wars' (the entire franchise) is puerile rubbish.

-Alcoholism is NOT a disease.

-Most devoutly religious people are not evil-minded simpletons bent on destroying your rights.

-Jerry Seinfeld might very well be the least funny human being ever to walk the face of the Earth.

-There has never been a candy bar worth the money.

-Richard Wagner's music - all of it - is execrable.

-There hasn't been a decent vampire story written since 1897.

That'll do to go on with. Smile

Boru
Bolded what I agree with. The rest I'm neutral about.

- Marriage is wrong
- Domestic government should be about administration and implementation: the decisions should be made by panels of the experts
- Raves should be legal
- All wages should be equal
- There should be a cap on profit
- All essential services (e.g. food, water, housing, health, education, fuel and more...) should be publically owned and free to the user
Sum ergo sum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European Opinions Foxaèr 0 196 September 27, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your opinions are required regarding this project . Enlightened Ape 7 1265 April 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Losty
  My schizophrenic opinions on sex segregation in gyms paulpablo 6 1282 August 30, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Regina
  So, I did it. Opinions needed Joods 31 2457 August 15, 2016 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I don't think, this to be racist, but your give your opinions abaris 20 2780 March 7, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Your opinions, please Thumpalumpacus 40 4631 December 12, 2015 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The God Delusion: Your opinions on it? IanHulett 40 4570 February 4, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Opinions wanted Sejanus 20 3223 September 5, 2014 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  To buy or not to buy? Opinions needed! Clueless Morgan 4 1512 January 20, 2014 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Building a computer, advice? Opinions? Live_free 11 3895 October 24, 2010 at 10:00 am
Last Post: orogenicman