Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sodom and Gomorrah
Sodom and Gomorrah
Genesis 18-20

hilarious

Btw, the fowl language increases a lot after 8:30.

If only Jesus had been literate.
RE: Sodom and Gomorrah
What's so hilarious? Is it that Abraham convinced the angels of death to spare Lot because Lot was a good man...a man that offered his worthless daughters (all women were worthless back then) to the crowd so that the crowd wouldn't molest the angels of god? I guess god would have let that happen to his angels, eh?

Or is it funny that Lot found enough booze in the wilderness to get so shitfaced that he didn't know his daughters were having their way with him?

Personally, I find it frikkin hilarious that religious people believe any of it.
There is an ALLLL-knowing, ALLLL-powerful, inVISible being who is everywhere, who created the WHOLE universe, who lives in another dimension called heaven, who is perfect in every way, who was never born and will never die, and who watches you every minute of every day (even when you're squeezing one out on the toilet). There are also unicorns, leprechauns, Santa Claus, an Easter Bunny, and a giant purple people eater.

JUST BELIEVE IT!
It's hilarious how they portray everything.

Abraham angering God as he bargains with him.

The rapist with a rainbow sash (conservative Christian depiction of gays).

Lot's wife baking unleavened bread for the angels (angel food).

How Lot's sons in law didn't believe him (hysterical laughter).
(April 13, 2014 at 9:39 am)Jiggerj Wrote: What's so hilarious? Is it that Abraham convinced the angels of death to spare Lot because Lot was a good man...a man that offered his worthless daughters (all women were worthless back then) to the crowd so that the crowd wouldn't molest the angels of god? I guess god would have let that happen to his angels, eh?

Or is it funny that Lot found enough booze in the wilderness to get so shitfaced that he didn't know his daughters were having their way with him?

Personally, I find it frikkin hilarious that religious people believe any of it.

Robert M Price (The Bible Geek) has said many times on his podcast. That crowd in Sodom did not want to rape the angels, rather they wanted to rob and kill them. Rather than having with guests killed by the mob, Lot offered his virgin daughters for the crowd to have their way with them so to speak.
undefined
Did he use Jewish writings to figure that out?
(April 14, 2014 at 8:17 am)Coffee Jesus Wrote: Did he use Jewish writings to figure that out?

No, as far as I can remember. Robert Price just argued from the context of the verses in Genesis 19, that the crowd in Sodom wanted to kill and rob (not rape) the angels Lot was hosting in his house.
undefined