Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 11:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOD IS NOT DEAD
God's not dead
I just saw this movie(I did not pay for it) There are several stories intersecting, with each other. A Christian Sophomore takes a philosophy course where Kevin Sorbo, the professor ( an Atheist is soundly beaten in a debate about God not being Dead
We find out later he is just angry at God who never helped his dying mother. Later on Kevin's Christian girlfriend dumps him, we both know why. After a little soul searching he goes looking for her, it starts to rain heavy, he is hit by a car and 2 priests that were having car trouble the last few days, so they could not go on their trip happened to be there,(becasue it was God's will one priest says) as poor Kevin lay dying, the black priest says his lungs are filling with blood and his ribs are broken, he done for. kevin says he is not ready to die. The priest says "You are lucky in another moment you will know more about God than me. He asks Kevin to accept God as his savior, etc. and Kevin dies. That is one story. I am not making this up.
manowar
RE: God's not dead
Jesus Christ, man! Spoiler alert!

You've completely ruined what was sure to be an amazing cinematic experience.

[/sarcasm]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
God's not dead
Seems like a not so subtle death threat to speaking against "God's word," covered up loosely by "repent and be saved, you never know when he'll take you" propaganda.

It seems like killing the Atheist professor's wife wasn't enough for God in the film: He really needed to stick it to the guy. "Mad at God" because God killed your wife, and turn your back? Well, it's now part of God's plan for your second love to leave you, to be hit by a car and die in agony too. Isn't God's plan wonderful?
Jesus freaks think that's fine. Their murderous little prick of a god can do whatever he wants, you know?
I once got a school councilor with the movie Titanic. She hadn't seen it and I said "You want me to spoil the ending?" She gave me a shocked look "No no no, I haven't seen it."
I said "The boat sank". I KID YOU NOT she followed up with "Why did you tell me that?"
I won't bother seeing it. Just more nonsense on the part of the religious.
Dying to live, living to die.
GOD IS NOT DEAD
Dear Atheist Friends,
I went and saw the movie, "God Is Not Dead." I would like to encourage you to go see it. In fact, I am willing to pay for the price of your movie ticket as well as a guest who is willing to come with you.
Amazing 10/10 potatoes
RE: GOD IS NOT DEAD
(April 13, 2014 at 3:28 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: Dear Atheist Friends,
I went and saw the movie, "God Is Not Dead." I would like to encourage you to go see it. In fact, I am willing to pay for the price of your movie ticket as well as a guest who is willing to come with you.

No.

I won't bother seeing it.

It's just religious propaganda and, frankly, I've read the Chick tract.

You may as well ask me to see the "Left Behind" bullshit movies.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: GOD IS NOT DEAD
http://atheistforums.org/thread-25396.html