Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maggots
Maggots
One day I made some ramen noodles and accidentally spilled them. Some of them hit the floor but most remained in the bowl.

I don't know why but I decided to put them in a ziplock bag and leave them out for a while. I looked at it again a few weeks later and there were maggots inside the bag, it confused me because there was no way an insect could have gotten in or out of the bag .

I looked and saw no insect inside the bag just larvae. I have no insects in my apartment other than a few tarantulas and scorpions ( arachnids. ) And the occasional stink bug.

My question is how did a fly get inside a bag with no entry or exit, lay eggs and leave?
RE: Maggots
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...614AA36OSm
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cle...35.html?21
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Perhaps there were eggs in the bag before you sealed it?
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Spontaneous generation:

God put them there lol
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(April 14, 2014 at 11:27 am)Desecration Wrote: One day I made some ramen noodles and accidentally spilled them. Some of them hit the floor but most remained in the bowl.

I don't know why but I decided to put them in a ziplock bag and leave them out for a while. I looked at it again a few weeks later and there were maggots inside the bag, it confused me because there was no way an insect could have gotten in or out of the bag .

I looked and saw no insect inside the bag just larvae. I have no insects in my apartment other than a few tarantulas and scorpions ( arachnids. ) And the occasional stink bug.

My question is how did a fly get inside a bag with no entry or exit, lay eggs and leave?

Did you put noodles that hit the floor into the bag? Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(April 14, 2014 at 11:27 am)Desecration Wrote: One day I made some ramen noodles and accidentally spilled them. Some of them hit the floor but most remained in the bowl.

Um. R u sure ur house is clean..
Bugs, I call them "flour bugs" that get into pasta, flour, and sugar to lay their little eggies and they eat your food.

Total scavengers.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Weevils-(Flour-Bugs)
Food like that sometimes has a few insect eggs in it. Anything made of flour.

There was a TV show called "After people" or something that showed what would happen if humans were suddenly wiped out at once. One episode was what would happen to all the food in Supermarkets, and it said how a lot of the food would have insect eggs that would hatch and... Fuck it was disgusting. It makes me never want to eat again.