Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistorious - another True Christian
Pistorious - another True Christian
The case is very interesting, though I won't speculate as to the outcome of the court case. What I do find amazing is the Christian support for Oscar Pistorious. Before the shooting they were trumping him as a Christian role model. Evidence from the case has shown that (whether or not he is found guilty of the murder) he had a far from perfect past.

Comments of support on his website (http://oscarpistorius.com/messages-of-support/):

[i]"I’m sure Reeva herself is watching you and guarding you from above with much love, like an angel."[/i]
Yes I'm sure she is, no one minds being shot.

"I belief that he is innocent and my guard feeling tells me that he did not intend to harm her, she was such a goddess, and she is now his angel, she will protect him wherever he is, he is not GUILTY, Let the family pray, this is the work of the devil, but he will not defeat this one"
So having a court case is the devil's work?

"sin is sin and the only sin which is worse than all t others from what I understand is one which you have not committed (Denouncing Jesus)"

WTF?? So not believing in Jesus is worse than shooting your girlfriend 4 times.

What is disturbing, but perhaps not surprising, is that Christians will determine other Christians must automatically be good, regardless of their actions. Imagine if this case was in America and these idiots were in the jury.
RE: Pistorious - another True Christian
(April 14, 2014 at 3:25 pm)FreeTony Wrote: The case is very interesting, though I won't speculate as to the outcome of the court case. What I do find amazing is the Christian support for Oscar Pistorious. Before the shooting they were trumping him as a Christian role model. Evidence from the case has shown that (whether or not he is found guilty of the murder) he had a far from perfect past.

Comments of support on his website (http://oscarpistorius.com/messages-of-support/):

[i]"I’m sure Reeva herself is watching you and guarding you from above with much love, like an angel."[/i]
Yes I'm sure she is, no one minds being shot.

"I belief that he is innocent and my guard feeling tells me that he did not intend to harm her, she was such a goddess, and she is now his angel, she will protect him wherever he is, he is not GUILTY, Let the family pray, this is the work of the devil, but he will not defeat this one"
So having a court case is the devil's work?

"sin is sin and the only sin which is worse than all t others from what I understand is one which you have not committed (Denouncing Jesus)"

WTF?? So not believing in Jesus is worse than shooting your girlfriend 4 times.

What is disturbing, but perhaps not surprising, is that Christians will determine other Christians must automatically be good, regardless of their actions. Imagine if this case was in America and these idiots were in the jury.

Yes -- according to that fucked-up system of beliefs -- doctrine over person -- the WORST thing that you can ever do is reject the doctrine.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
I've been watching the case and in my opinion he dosen't have a leg to stand on.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 15, 2014 at 2:39 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I've been watching the case and in my opinion he dosen't have a leg to stand on.

Knock knock.

Who's there

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG. Oscar.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
The jokes about this are good. I saw loads of people tweeting:

"Nel: Is it Friday, Mr Pistorius?
Pistorius: I don't know, my Lady. The police might have moved it to Tuesday"
It's about right...

I've only seen what they've been showing on the news, and he's just a pathetic, snivelling, little weasel, isn't he? "Nothing is ever my fault, M'lady" *sniff sniff*. I know he's addressing the judge, but does he really need to say "M'lady" at the end of every sentence? I can't help but think of Parker from Thunderbirds whenever I see a clip.
Anyway, he's clearly guilty as fuck and has absolutely no remorse, he just wants to lie to avoid taking any responsibility for what he's done.
It's likely they had a fight, she stormed off to the bathroom to get away from him and he's shot her through the door in anger. Simple as that. And now he wants to play the victim. Evil little shit.

Never trust an amputee. Heather Mills, Abu Hamza...
Since his girlfriend was murdered, does that automatically send her to heaven?
(April 16, 2014 at 12:01 am)hobie Wrote: Since his girlfriend was murdered, does that automatically send her to heaven?

Who wants to go to heaven?
Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.
[Image: 123l74k.jpg]
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
It makes little difference if he knew his girlfriend was behind the door, he shot at SOMEONE with the intention of killing them. Even if it was a robber behind the door robbery does not warrant a death sentence from the victim.

Not only does he not have a leg to stand on, if they grant bail he might do a runner!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another christian complains Foxaèr 6 1084 December 10, 2020 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87853 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2707 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2530 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4486 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 683 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5026 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 16915 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2809 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11435 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon