Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first psychedelic experience made me embrace my atheism
My first psychedelic experience made me embrace my atheism
It was a Saturday night, I invited my fuck buddy (yah she's a girl) to do MDMA and then 3 grams of shrooms each.

Around midnight things started getting weird, she stopped responding to me, started crying and said "keep him away from me, I see the devil I see the devil" I kept reassuring her it's all in her head, that it's only her and I in the room and we are fine.
I headed to the computer and started playing music, she laid back and started giggling.

At that moment things started to hit me, the room was expanding and moving, changing colors, I closed my eyes and saw waves of psychedelic art moving with the music, I open my eyes and see my self in an alien like world,
And a reflection of my self, I then started visiting every event in life that has upset me in the past (betrayal, abused as a child, bad breakup etc) all were visual and very accurate, I was hovering over these bad occurrences and laughing none stop, they were just silly, there was no reason for me to be depressed over anything, my life is great, and I have achieved too much to care anymore. I broke out of my inner ego and remember waking back up in the room, colors moving to the note of the music.

I woke up the next day a brand new man, no signs of depression, no signs of anger. My friends and family were asking if I was alright as I was acting a bit too calm and loving.

It has also showed me that magic and fairytales did happen in the past thousands of years, however it was nothing but hallucinations.
RE: My first psychedelic experience made me embrace my atheism
I read a well-stated spiel on the usage of drugs. It was a fiction novel. James Herbert's Others, to be precise. I do not have an eidetic memory, but I shall attempt to do justice in my retelling.

Basically, what he logically surmised was that doing drugs was not a way of opening the consciousness to reality so much as it was to stifle reality for the sake of allowing the delusion to seem real.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I've seen more than one account that there are psychedelic mushrooms on/near Mt. Sinai, where Moses supposedly received the ten twenty-some-odd commandments.
Psychedelic drugs have also been at the root of spiritual experiences. In 1968 a man named Paul Erlich took a hefty dose of LSD. He still thinks that he is Jesus Christ to this day and has a cult called "The Love Israel Family" in Seattle.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
It was surreal, the very essence of spirituality. It was beautiful!

Without modern understanding of science I would have been a very religious individual.
While psychedelics didn't turn me to non belief, I also embraced my beliefs further from taking them. They definitely opened my eyes further. One thing about them is they gave me such beautiful realizations.

I can describe the general effects in bullet points.

-Creative thinking
-Deep insight
-Increased awareness
-Deeply emotional or moving experiences
-Psychological reflection
-Mental stimulation
-Mood lift
-Increased laughter
-A visual extravaganza
-Feelings of awe and wonder
-Feeling more connected to people

It's really a great thing to try once to broaden your mind. One disclaimer I would make is to be wary of taking them if you have mental issues.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hell, or rather my brief experience of it. Drich 206 84574 December 23, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9121 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1411 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Question about this unusual experience orthodox-man 8 1194 January 26, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  My mom made me confused Der/die AtheistIn 15 2581 November 19, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Worst Christian Video EVER Made Foxaèr 8 1511 October 2, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 3019 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  I was on the atheist experience :) Nihilist Virus 70 7334 April 6, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  My recent experience attending a Slovak Catholic church Mudhammam 3 1953 October 25, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The pope made of condoms: Spooky 8 2712 September 28, 2015 at 4:20 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon