Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen
Frozen
I was unable to find the thread, so I am creating another one in reference to the same thing that was being discussed in that other one.

The other day I was flipping through the channels on the television when something in relation to Frozen caught my eye. I had no idea at the time who played the character that the Christian woman was upset about being lesbian according to song lyrics, but when I discovered who did play the character an entire new thought entered my mind.

Perhaps the homophobic theist had discovered that Idina Menzel played Elsa in Frozen. Idina Menzel is also the woman who plays a lesbian in the Rent musical both in the film and on stage.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Frozen
(April 15, 2014 at 12:44 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I was unable to find the thread, so I am creating another one in reference to the same thing that was being discussed in that other one.

The other day I was flipping through the channels on the television when something in relation to Frozen caught my eye. I had no idea at the time who played the character that the Christian woman was upset about being lesbian according to song lyrics, but when I discovered who did play the character an entire new thought entered my mind.

Perhaps the homophobic theist had discovered that Idina Menzel played Elsa in Frozen. Idina Menzel is also the woman who plays a lesbian in the Rent musical both in the film and on stage.

Actually she plays a bisexual woman both in RENT and as Elphaba Thropp in Wicked. In both portrayals her female lover is a lesbian. I'm unsure if Ms. Menzel is bisexual in real life.
Ok, so people are upset that an actress who has pretended to be bisexual in theatre/film is playing a character who isn't bisexual?

*sigh*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The thought process of some people just boggles the mind.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(April 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm)orogenicman Wrote: The thought process of some people just boggles the mind.

How the hell are you, mate?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 15, 2014 at 12:44 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I was unable to find the thread, so I am creating another one in reference to the same thing that was being discussed in that other one.

The day words like 'lesbian' and 'gay' drop out of the English language from lack of use is the day all 'people' will have cause to celebrate (but of course, by then everyone will be confounded by the thought it ever was an issue so no one will want to).

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(April 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm)orogenicman Wrote: The thought process of some people just boggles the mind.

How the hell are you, mate?

Boru

I'm fair to middling. I missed my chance to make a time-lapse video of the lunar eclipse last night because of very poor weather. We actually had some snow early this morning, which we very rarely get in April. The day before it was 80 degrees. Wild weather, rough winter, and I expect it will be a rough summer. How are you and the mrs?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(April 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm)orogenicman Wrote:
(April 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How the hell are you, mate?

Boru

I'm fair to middling. I missed my chance to make a time-lapse video of the lunar eclipse last night because of very poor weather. We actually had some snow early this morning, which we very rarely get in April. The day before it was 80 degrees. Wild weather, rough winter, and I expect it will be a rough summer. How are you and the mrs?

Things are grand. Saw the eclipse (didn't film it, of course) - it was mad cool. She Who Must Be Obeyed is wonderful, as usual. She had a bit of a health scare a few months back, but the lump turned out to be a cyst, so can't kick.

Good to talk to you again, oro. Be well.

Boru
(April 15, 2014 at 6:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm)orogenicman Wrote: I'm fair to middling. I missed my chance to make a time-lapse video of the lunar eclipse last night because of very poor weather. We actually had some snow early this morning, which we very rarely get in April. The day before it was 80 degrees. Wild weather, rough winter, and I expect it will be a rough summer. How are you and the mrs?

Things are grand. Saw the eclipse (didn't film it, of course) - it was mad cool. She Who Must Be Obeyed is wonderful, as usual. She had a bit of a health scare a few months back, but the lump turned out to be a cyst, so can't kick.

Good to talk to you again, oro. Be well.

Boru

I am glad to know everything turned out okay. I've had scares like that (not with my breasts, of course). Smile I was really bumbed about not seeing it (erm, the eclipse, not your wife's cyst), but I have seen a blood Moon before, so that is a consolation. I just hate having my plans ruined by bad weather.

Good to talk to you as well.

OGM

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pale blue dot and Frozen pocaracas 0 600 January 25, 2015 at 7:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas