Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on the Christian Dad
Update on the Christian Dad
An Old thread I started about a weird break up I had
"Hey guys,

I've been dating a girl for about 2 years now and she's from a strong Christian family. I recently announced I was an atheist and I guess her family started hating me.

After pretending to be "Non-Prejudice" and a "Man of faith", his daughter (my girlfriend of almost 2 years), finally broke down saying she cannot continue to hide the fact that her father repeatedly attempts to pursue her to not date me because I am an atheist and a man of color (i am half greek/ half syrian).

He threatened to never talk to her again if she moves in with me (Mind you I am 24, I have no misdemeanors or felonies, I supervise a factory, I have a house, car, a bike you name it)

There you go guys, this is "GOD" for you
."

----------------

So anyways here we are three months later.

Now this guy has already had enough going on in his life prior to the incident:

His wife cheated on him with her boss
He gets divorced and marries a Co worker with a 5 year old kid
His daughter (My now ex girlfriend) gets diagnosed with cancer

NOW here's the recent update on his facebook:

"All Children of God - Please begin praying for our son Ryan . He is going to go through some medical testing to find what is wrong . We appreciate all prayers today and always ! God is in control !! C-scan is scheduled for 2:00 today .
Thank You !!"

YES!! GOD IS IN CONTROL! ALWAYS IS! NOW LET HIM STICK IT UP YOUR ASS AGAIN YOU IDIOT!
RE: Update on the Christian Dad
That's a tough 3 months. Reminds me of....

Quote:With his life was ruined, his family killed, and his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why God? Why me?"

The thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Cueing "God works in mysterious ways" in... 3...2...
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(April 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That's a tough 3 months. Reminds me of....

Quote:With his life was ruined, his family killed, and his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why God? Why me?"

The thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

It's not only their stupidity that drives me nuts, THEY INTERFERE WITH OTHER PEOPLES LIVES AND ENFORCE THEIR LIFESTYLE ON THEIR CHILDREN!

GOD - DOES - NOT - EXIST

IF if a CREATOR somehow exists to this universe, HE/SHE/IT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR STUPID RELIGION OR ANYTHING YOU SAY OR PRAY TO HIM.

Devil
I think some people use their belief that god is always in control to absolve themselves of any responsibility for their troubles. A friend of my wife is always pining on facebook about how the problems she's having must just be god's will, but the issues she has are always of her own making.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm)Vegamo Wrote: Now this guy has already had enough going on in his life prior to the incident:

His wife cheated on him with her boss
He gets divorced and marries a Co worker with a 5 year old kid
His daughter (My now ex girlfriend) gets diagnosed with cancer

Watch him blame her cancer on her sinful lifestyle, all thanks to you.

(April 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That's a tough 3 months. Reminds me of....

I could have sworn that one went more like:

The thundering voice of God answered, "Sorry, brah. I was trying to won a bet, and thanks to you, I did! Here's a new wife and kids. You won't even miss the old ones! We cool?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89486 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  My dad doesn't view Christianity as superior Der/die AtheistIn 0 650 November 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6166 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Sh!t my christen dad says... atheist04330 4 772 August 1, 2014 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: atheist04330
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7439 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Christian dad broke us up Vegamo 32 4867 January 22, 2014 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10519 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6345 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  ICE CHUCK FROM SKY WATCH - UPDATE NEW CHUNK Stevie 11 6332 July 18, 2012 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  (Chat log) Debate with moronic Christian. Update. 2 Live_free 1 2156 September 2, 2010 at 3:23 am
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels