Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
as an atheist, what kind of morality do you foster in your lives?
as an atheist, what kind of morality do you foster in your lives?
what types of morality do you foster in your lives as atheists?
RE: as an atheist, what kind of morality do you foster in your lives?
(April 17, 2014 at 5:52 pm)ticktaka Wrote: what types of morality do you foster in your lives as atheists? I for one am a good person. I don't steal, swear, kick people in the nuts etc. etc., but If it comes down to it I will defend myself, my family, friends etc. I just don't stand by and see abuse from assholes and other people alike.

I'm a tad non-plussed when someone who doesn't swear refers to other peoples as 'assholes', but that's as may be.

But enough about you. Let me see...I swear when I feel like it (which is pretty fucking often), I kick people in the nads if 1) they merit it and 2) I can get away with it.

I don't steal, but I would have no moral compunction against doing so in a good cause.

I frequently lie to save other peoples' feelings, I don't lie for personal gain.

I leave other people to themselves as much as their behavior will allow me to do so.

I believe that supermodels and A-list actresses getting their tits out more often is a moral imperative.

That'll do for now.

Boru

(April 17, 2014 at 5:52 pm)ticktaka Wrote: what types of morality do you foster in your lives as atheists?

Nice edit.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
As an atheist? None of which I'm aware. As a human and member of society, however, I try to live by the maxim of "the right to swing my fist ends at the other person's nose - unless they really, really ask for it."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't think you have morals ticktacka. People that say a**hole simply don't have morals. Especially if they try to cover it up and erase the evidence.
(April 17, 2014 at 6:13 pm)KUSA Wrote: I don't think you have morals ticktacka. People that say a**hole simply don't have morals. Especially if they try to cover it up and erase the evidence.

Actually, I didn't erase that chunk of the post in order to erase the evidence. I simply did not want to cause too much commotion, but I see now that erasing it actually caused more commotion than would be expected. :p

In any case, I have suffered too much at the hands of wicked people which is probably why I used that word. A**holes deserve to be called a**holes, period. Actually I was so freakin religious that I was too forgiving even to aholes. Maybe you have not suffered as I have which is why you made that comment :p but I understand.
(April 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)ticktaka Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 6:13 pm)KUSA Wrote: I don't think you have morals ticktacka. People that say a**hole simply don't have morals. Especially if they try to cover it up and erase the evidence.

Actually, I didn't erase that chunk of the post in order to erase the evidence. I simply did not want to cause too much commotion, but I see now that erasing it actually caused more commotion than would be expected. :p

In any case, I have suffered too much at the hands of wicked people which is probably why I used that word. A**holes deserve to be called a**holes, period. Actually I was so freakin religious that I was too forgiving even to aholes. Maybe you have not suffered as I have which is why you made that comment :p but I understand.

But you specifically said that you DON'T swear. You're either embarrassingly forgetful or a liar. Which way will you have it?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 17, 2014 at 6:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)ticktaka Wrote: Actually, I didn't erase that chunk of the post in order to erase the evidence. I simply did not want to cause too much commotion, but I see now that erasing it actually caused more commotion than would be expected. :p

But you specifically said that you DON'T swear. You're either embarrassingly forgetful or a liar. Which way will you have it?

Boru

oh stop it! such silliness :p I didn't swear did I? I just censored the words :p and to clarify, I was abused and used mostly by religious a**holes.
(April 17, 2014 at 7:17 pm)ticktaka Wrote:
(April 17, 2014 at 6:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But you specifically said that you DON'T swear. You're either embarrassingly forgetful or a liar. Which way will you have it?

Boru

oh stop it! such silliness :p I didn't swear did I? I just censored the words :p and to clarify, I was abused and used mostly by religious a**holes.

Ass
(April 17, 2014 at 5:52 pm)ticktaka Wrote: what types of morality do you foster in your lives as atheists?

What types of morality are there? Can someone fill me in?
Look ticka us Atheists don't have any goddamn morals. We just do what we fucking want.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morality Kingpin 101 5745 May 31, 2023 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  All kind of Agnostics people Eclectic 4 510 August 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A Case for Inherent Morality JohnJubinsky 66 6351 June 22, 2021 at 10:35 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Morality without God Superjock 102 8893 June 17, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Morality Agnostico 337 36885 January 30, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Developing systems of morality, outside of religious influence. Kookaburra 28 4187 March 20, 2018 at 1:27 am
Last Post: haig
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160388 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7041 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Video The Married Atheist vid: Morality from science? robvalue 5 2025 March 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does religion corrupt morality? Whateverist 95 25270 September 7, 2015 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd