Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faith healing scumbags
Faith healing scumbags
Faith healing parents are seeking to hide their religious beliefs in their court case, and it's looking like the judge is going to let these monsters get away with it.

As a father myself, nothing pisses me off more (except the Catholic church) than faith healing fuckwits that let their children die for no fucking reason.

[Image: dragonballz-goku-turns-super-saiyan-for-...time-o.gif]
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Faith healing scumbags
I honestly believe that anyone who believes faith healing helps should automatically not be allowed around children. If you want to pray while your child is in the hospital being attented to by doctors, that's fine. If you believe the prayer is the main cause of your child getting better, that's not fine.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I loathe faith healers.

Fine, if they want to depend on it they take the consequences.

But when they inflict it on children the kids should be removed from their "care".
Dying to live, living to die.
I think anyone who would attempt to faith heal others should first be given a lethal wound and then allowed a chance demonstrate how he would heal himself though faith.

If he refuse the trial then obviously he lacks adequate faith for the purpose of healing. If he accepts the trials then I have adequate assurance the intended victims would not have a chance to suffer the would be healer's faith.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a faith healing for a faith healing.
Most of the children who die of treatable illness live in utter agony for months -- sometimes years before they die.

Faith healers are fucking scumbag pieces of shit.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
(April 22, 2014 at 7:29 pm)Chuck Wrote: I think anyone who would attempt to faith heal others should first be given a lethal wound and then allowed a chance demonstrate how he would heal himself though faith.

If he refuse the trial then obviously he lacks adequate faith for the purpose of healing. If he accepts the trials then I have adequate assurance the intended victims would not have a chance to suffer the would be healer's faith.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a faith healing for a faith healing.

Hey, they could be injected with that snake venom that the bible promises true believers can survive!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(April 22, 2014 at 8:51 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(April 22, 2014 at 7:29 pm)Chuck Wrote: I think anyone who would attempt to faith heal others should first be given a lethal wound and then allowed a chance demonstrate how he would heal himself though faith.

Hey, they could be injected with that snake venom that the bible promises true believers can survive!

There are those who think that playing with poisonous snakes is such a good idea, they do just that, every Sunday. Even after one of them dies from a snake bite -- they continue thinking that playing with poisonous snakes is a really good idea. What could make a group of people think that a really bad idea is a good idea? Religion.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
These people are despicable. On a serious note, though---What is the answer here? Realistically?

It's fine to say they shouldn't be allowed to have kids. But that really can't happen. Most of the time, you don't know about it until a kid gets seriously sick or dies.

The religious right will use the slippery slope argument if you make these people register or not allow them to make their kids into faith healers until a certain age.

What would you suggest?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The only thing you can really do is try to monitor the children. If they're sick a lot, and the family isn't really poor, something is suspicious. If they are too poor for medical attention, then you help them. If they aren't, you call child services or something.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Re: RE: Faith healing scumbags
(April 22, 2014 at 9:20 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: What would you suggest?

To do everything possible to rid ourselves of the religious cancer we have in this world.

It won't end until religion ends.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12899 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11176 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58386 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4377 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6030 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4336 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22887 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37772 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Exclamation The blind trust can lead to faith theBorg 63 8564 August 17, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Charged for "faith healing" over medical care Foxaèr 18 5036 October 16, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet