Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pope says atheists can go to Heaven now!
The Pope says atheists can go to Heaven now!
http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/st...p?id=51077

Pope says atheists can go to Heaven as long as they do good.

But what if I do bad and good? As long as I do more good than bad?
ClapNaughtyCool ShadesNaughtyClap
ClapI don't got no phonicsClap
ClapI don't need to english
Clap
ClapCoolAfroCoolClap
RE: The Pope says atheists can go to Heaven now!
Isn't it wonderful how these rules can be changed so easily?
Only last week we would all go to hell as atheists, but now we can go to heaven too, if only we live our lives exactly by their standards.
As though I needed validation from a cult of child molesters. Take your heaven, I have little interest in spending eternity with rapists. I hate all this Pope praise that's on Reddit recently. "Wow! The Pope said something that billions of normal people say every day, WHAT A SAINT!" Yeah, what a great guy. Before he came along I was convinced that I'm a monster, now I know that even though I'm an atheist, I can still be a good person. Thanks Pope. I didn't know that until you came along.
For those of us having doubts about whether or not the Pope gets to go, I guess this clears that up.

Devil
It seems religion is attempting to evolve so that it does not wither away.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 24, 2014 at 11:07 am)Kitanetos Wrote: It seems religion is attempting to evolve so that it does not wither away.

By being nice to people who think he is a shitwit? Seems like an odd evolution.
From the first paragraph of the link:
Quote:The Holy Father was not teaching anything new. In fact, this hope that all who do not yet know God are not only capable of doing good - but will progress toward that knowledge of God by doing good - is ancient.
So much for Paul, my favorite ancient used car salesman.
Theye're going against what Jesus said in John 3.

John 3:18-20, Jesus says that disbelievers are all sinners that will go to hell, and he seems to place the condemnation as a consequence of their disbelief rather than their sin.

John 3 KJV Wrote:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3 KJV Wrote:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved."

Pssht, yeah right.
Well I guess I have to start being a bad guy now so I won't have to kiss God's ass for eternity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3140 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1839 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11057 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  How atheists can enjoy religion Ahriman 100 7507 September 5, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Todji812
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3311 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8007 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2518 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4484 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3216 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7768 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished