Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate you, TN!
I hate you, TN!
So it's getting hot out again, and of course this means sun burn! There should be a PSA for PoC when moving to the south! Newsflash: we need sunscreen! Why no one bothered to tell us this I don't know.
RE: I hate you, TN!
Living in Florida, I surpassed the sunburn months ago. Now, I have a very dark tan.

I do not bother with lotion as protecton from the sun. Skin cancer or not, I am not seeking to grow old by silly preventative measures that are more random than distinctively universal.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
At least the new tan will cover up these freckles
You're funny.
The sun is your friend. Praise him appropriately and he will come up every morning.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
In St. Maarten last month, it got kind of hottish. Maybe 85. But the real killer for me was that it was ridiculously sunny. Excess sun makes me burn, but also puts me to sleep. It's worse than the heat.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Try Arizona.
Graduated from high school there (Paradise Valley, Maricopa Co.).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(April 25, 2014 at 7:47 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So it's getting hot out again, and of course this means sun burn! There should be a PSA for PoC when moving to the south! Newsflash: we need sunscreen! Why no one bothered to tell us this I don't know.

As a Brit I find it confusing that you complain about getting sun.
I have heard of it's existence but only as rumours, I think my uncle saw it once.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 26, 2014 at 7:08 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 25, 2014 at 7:47 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So it's getting hot out again, and of course this means sun burn! There should be a PSA for PoC when moving to the south! Newsflash: we need sunscreen! Why no one bothered to tell us this I don't know.

As a Brit I find it confusing that you complain about getting sun.
I have heard of it's existence but only as rumours, I think my uncle saw it once.

Don't come to Australia then mate. Rain is a rarity.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1097 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  My HATE Thread! impaler 46 2725 September 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  I hate it when I do that... onlinebiker 22 1208 July 15, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2856 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 722 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  I hate government Apex1050 24 1848 May 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Athene
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7447 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I don't hate everything my species does. Brian37 17 2632 March 20, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Damn - I hate that.... onlinebiker 7 1178 January 29, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most people hate logic. onlinebiker 40 2101 December 4, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: ignoramus