Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I think theists who think atheists are going to hell are full of shit.
Why I think theists who think atheists are going to hell are full of shit.
Posts like this one.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-24844.html
RE: Why I think theists who think atheists are going to hell are full of shit.
NoGodChick necroposted, but I catch your drift.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yep. It'll give her or anyone else a place to continue if they want. We sure to get a lot of one-hit, shit and run posters.
Usually they don't erect a text wall like that., though. That guy was a special level of nuts.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I don't think sincere believers are full of shit, they're just assholes. They have to think that way about us to stay consistent with their archaic beliefs.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
I suppose someone who thinks of themselves as god's chosen would be too ashamed to stick around and actually hear from the people he's condemned in god's name.
People who think I'm going to hell bother me about as much as people who think I'm going to Narnia.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I imagine Christian heaven must be one hell of a boring place. Who would want to spend eternity there? Most Christians have given very little thought to what an eternal afterlife would be like. I think the heaven they envision would be a hell, not enjoyable at all, after the first 15 minutes or so. But then most religions consist of a deep desire to punish one's ideological enemies.
I think it is well established that those of little or no consequence bleat the loudest about how all around them are inadequate and are "going to hell"

Seems to be a concurrent theme with those of a hard line theistic world view. Dunno
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 27, 2014 at 10:18 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I think it is well established that those of little or no consequence bleat the loudest about how all around them are inadequate and are "going to hell"

Seems to be a concurrent theme with those of a hard line theistic world view. Dunno

What bothers me is that all these people who are wrong about there being a hell and there being a God will never get to find out they were wrong. Seems unfair, somehow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5392 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7051 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2101 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1031 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3252 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 3868 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 985 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" FlatAssembler 124 7969 February 19, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2385 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2869 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal