Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Book - Haunted Universe
Photo 
New Book - Haunted Universe
Many books have been written about the spiritual quest, the supposed journey to higher understanding. These books promise to make your life better, to give you the tools necessary to navigate the world in a mature and saint like fashion. They promise joy, bliss, higher vibrations, mystical experience, ultimate peace, a better marriage, friendship with the dolphins, etc. "Haunted Universe" promises none of that, it is not a book about making your life better, it is a book about the end of life, the annihilation of the soul and the final loss of self. If you want to find hope, or peace or love then buy one of those other books. But if you have finally grown tired of all that, if you now dare to peek behind the curtain, to remove the mask and stare deep into the abyss, then "Haunted Universe" is your guide. It may be the most dangerous, frightening and potentially enlightening book you will ever read.

Del

Devil
RE: New Book - Haunted Universe
So what have you learned from it yourself?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Do they offer any evidence for their claims or the premises that the conclusions are drawn from?
(December 28, 2009 at 12:28 pm)Purple Rabbit Wrote: So what have you learned from it yourself?

Some disturbing concepts that I never entertained before. That people don't exist! That there is no such thing as enlightenment, since there is no one to get enlightened.

There is only ONE.....apparently manifesting as two.
(December 28, 2009 at 12:33 pm)dpmduran Wrote:
(December 28, 2009 at 12:28 pm)Purple Rabbit Wrote: So what have you learned from it yourself?

Some disturbing concepts that I never entertained before. That people don't exist! That there is no such thing as enlightenment, since there is no one to get enlightened.

Sounds like bullshit to me.
(December 28, 2009 at 12:29 pm)theVOID Wrote: Do they offer any evidence for their claims or the premises that the conclusions are drawn from?

No, of course not! Except to say, belief is not enough, but knowing it from experiencing the awakening, that we never existed, and come from nothingness.
(December 28, 2009 at 12:35 pm)dpmduran Wrote:
(December 28, 2009 at 12:29 pm)theVOID Wrote: Do they offer any evidence for their claims or the premises that the conclusions are drawn from?

No, of course not! Except to say, belief is not enough, but knowing it from experiencing the awakening, that we never existed, and come from nothingness.

Is this a joke?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the only real explanation for the existence of everything is simply that nothing exists at all.. Cool Cool
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Nothingness/Non-existence is a paradox and therefore logically impossible
(December 28, 2009 at 12:33 pm)dpmduran Wrote:

Would that 'one' be a non-contingent actuality, such as my vacuum cleaner?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who or what created the universe Ahriman 78 4550 September 29, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  De-Pluralize A Film, Book, etc BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1103 September 18, 2022 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1729 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Atheist Forums Recipe Book Shell B 44 8698 November 14, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Recipe Book BrokenQuill92 6 1451 November 13, 2017 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Like to read? Book review thread! mediocrates 13 2234 May 16, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  A Way to Support Me FREE Book Offer Rhondazvous 9 2639 March 14, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Is woman the center of the universe, or... Foxaèr 34 4432 April 2, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Losty
  GoT Book Reader's Thread - All Spoilers Welcome! Whateverist 11 2925 June 11, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Next time i go to the book store dyresand 0 607 May 17, 2015 at 2:44 am
Last Post: dyresand