Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Sterling
Donald Sterling
He has been banned for life for comments he made in his own home, am I the only guy who thinks this is wrong?

manowar
RE: Donald Sterling
I had to look him up. *shrug* It's a wash. People have a right to hold racist attitudes, and organisations have a right to disassociate themselves from people with racist attitudes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Man needs to be beat in the head with a pipeAngry
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
If he does not like blacks ( not sure if that is true his girlfriend is half black and half Mexican so he might not be recist) He might have said those things becasue he was angry with her, This PC crap is way out of control. Where did they get those tapes? From his girlfroend maybe, does that not speak more of her character than his?

manowar
(April 29, 2014 at 7:19 pm)Manowar Wrote: If he does not like blacks ( not sure if that is true his girlfriend is half black and half Mexican so he might not be recist) He might have said those things becasue he was angry with her, This PC crap is way out of control. Where did they get those tapes? From his girlfroend maybe, does that not speak more of her character than his?

manowar

Should have never said it if you ask me. Racist comments should not be used in a offensive way. Sure maybe while joking with friends but to actually use it as an insult is offensive.
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Nope. Pretty sure it speaks to his character.

Look, he is free to have those opinions. He is not free to be a representative of a multibillion dollar organization and affect all of the other owners' bottom lines by saying those things out loud, whether he thought it was private or not.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:
(April 29, 2014 at 7:19 pm)Manowar Wrote: If he does not like blacks ( not sure if that is true his girlfriend is half black and half Mexican so he might not be recist) He might have said those things becasue he was angry with her, This PC crap is way out of control. Where did they get those tapes? From his girlfroend maybe, does that not speak more of her character than his?

manowar

Should have never said it if you ask me. Racist comments should not be used in a offensive way. Sure maybe while joking with friends but to actually use it as an insult is offensive.

Don't joke and be rude about ethnicity and/or race ever.

That seems like a good frame of mind!
Fuck him. Another rich motherfucker with an overblown sense of entitlement.
(April 29, 2014 at 7:13 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: Man needs to be beat in the head with a pipeAngry

Why? Your screen name says you're a free thinker, but you advocate violence against those who think differently than you.

Not big on free speech, then?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 29, 2014 at 7:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 29, 2014 at 7:13 pm)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote: Man needs to be beat in the head with a pipeAngry

Why? Your screen name says you're a free thinker, but you advocate violence against those who think differently than you.

Not big on free speech, then?

Boru

Sorry, but when people like that appear it makes me mad. He can say what he wants, but you can't say what ever and not expect consequences. Again sorry rage has taken over me, I have had my run with raciest before and they make me really mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1646 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2707 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 7934 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 704 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 318 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2111 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Donald Trump predicting Red Wave!! Jehanne 99 12088 November 18, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is Donald Trump a traitor?! Jehanne 90 9430 July 22, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Donald Trump robbed Saudi Arabia; again xD WinterHold 4 835 March 25, 2018 at 2:59 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  The smiling Donald Trump. Jehanne 26 2329 February 18, 2018 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok