Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there Christian music that you still like?
Is there Christian music that you still like?
I still like Skillet, The Fray, Casting Crowns

This is still one of my favorite songs.

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Is there Christian music that you still like?
There are several hymns that come to mind that have good music, if only the lyrics weren't so heinous. "Amazing Grace" is a fine example of this and the only music I've ever heard that can be played on bagpipes without being full-on nails-on-chalkboard annoying. The words, however, should have earned the author sever, repeated floggings.

Christer rock? All of it I've ever head sucks. Especially the band(s) that take big, well known rock hits and turn them into christer rock. "Welcome to the Judges" anyone?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
When I was a kid, my older sister would go to Campus Crusade for Christ (just now realizing how terrible that sounds) retreats, and would come back and with my parents' blessing destroy all my secular music. So I listened to bands like Jars of Clay and Caedmon's Call. I still have them on my iPod. I don't listen them very often, except for nostalgia purposes.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome to the Judges? Really? I bet that's awful. I actually like my song for the lyrics not in spite of them. Lol
Maybe I'm just a weirdo.

0/10

(May 1, 2014 at 11:06 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: When I was a kid, my older sister would go to Campus Crusade for Christ (just now realizing how terrible that sounds) retreats, and would come back and with my parents' blessing destroy all my secular music. So I listened to bands like Jars of Clay and Caedmon's Call. I still have them on my iPod. I don't listen them very often, except for nostalgia purposes.

You sir are entitled to righteous indignation of the highest magnitude. If there was a righteous god in heaven, truly, your sister and your parents would be soundly smited.
Only this song, because she sings it:

http://youtu.be/mFWyiYDWPm4
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 1, 2014 at 11:15 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: Only this song, because she sings it:

http://youtu.be/mFWyiYDWPm4

I think she's overrated

0/10

Ha! I found ways to hide my music. I had to be sneaky until I got old enough to stand up for myself.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 1, 2014 at 11:16 pm)Losty Wrote: I think she's overrated

Most people dislike her, but she is still my absolute favorite artist. I place her above all others.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Oh, be more of a stereotype Kit! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music to fall asleep Fake Messiah 2 658 August 29, 2023 at 5:59 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheist music deleted 29 2751 August 13, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  ABBA - phoney music for phoney people onlinebiker 7 1054 November 5, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Whose The Boss", still relevant. Brian37 11 626 January 6, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2527 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Evolution of Music from 1400 BC till the present day GrandizerII 67 10503 December 8, 2019 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Music You're Listening To: SofaKingHigh 3266 153151 July 2, 2019 at 1:32 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert Aegon 0 293 October 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Celebrating womanhood through music Foxaèr 34 3834 April 13, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3191 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K