Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Amendment only protects Christians
First Amendment only protects Christians
Quote:Alabama’s chief justice offered an unusual interpretation of the U.S. Constitution in a newly-released video, telling a religious organization that the First Amendment only protects Christianity.

“They didn’t bring the Koran over on the pilgrim ship, the Mayflower” Chief Justice Roy Moore announced at the Pastor for Life Luncheon, an event hosted in January by Pro-Life Mississippi. In a video obtained and released by Raw Story last Friday, Moore told his audience that religion in the First Amendment only applied to the God in the Bible.

“Let’s get real. Let’s learn our history. Let’s stop playing games,” said Moore at the Jackson, Miss. event.

“Everybody, to include the U.S. Supreme Court, has been deceived as to one little word in the First Amendment called ‘religion.’ They can’t define it,” the state’s chief justice said. “They can’t define it the way Mason, Madison and even the United State Supreme Court defined it, ‘the duties we owe to the creator and the manner of discharging it.’ They don’t want to do that, because that acknowledges a creator god.”

“Buddha didn’t create us. Mohammed didn’t create us. It’s the god of the Holy Scriptures,” said Moore.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/judge...christians
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: First Amendment only protects Christians
This idiots will claim anything to win favour for their own beliefs. No, the Qur'an wasn't aboard the Mayflower, but it seems smallpox infected blankets may have been.
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:“Buddha didn’t create us. Mohammed didn’t create us.

He's right. We created them...along with fucking jesus.
If that is what he said, then he is not fit to serve on any Constitutional court, and should be impeached.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Well..... it is fucking Alabama, man.
(May 6, 2014 at 10:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Well..... it is fucking Alabama, man.

The last person I knew from Alabama was very happy when he moved to New York.

ROFLOL
Dying to live, living to die.
I was *ecstatic* to GTFO out of Alabama.
Moore is the same idiot who gave us the 10 Commandments fiasco in Alabama. Funny that he should rail against others' lack of historical sense while pointing to the Pilgrims, who didn't found the U.S. or create our constitution. Hell, I have socks that know more about U.S. history and the Bill of Rights than this asshole.
It probably comes as no surprise to anybody, but the guy displays criminal ignorance of the things he's talking about here: Mohammed really didn't create us, but Islam doesn't even assert that he did, so...

What a fucking moron.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Alabama is one of those ignorant states that will live in the past for as long as it can. I suspect it will be one of the last states to advance and progress into the future. Hell, some of them there folk think the south is still gonna do it again. It sucks.....as beautiful as some of the southern states are, a lot of the people down here are complete morons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why only religious beliefs protected? FrustratedFool 49 2614 September 27, 2023 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  All Hail the Second Amendment Minimalist 3795 630969 August 14, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If the 25th amendment wasn't meant for Trump, then who was it meant for? GODZILLA 24 1635 October 20, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Thin-Skinned Orange Shitgibbon Can Only Handle Fox. Minimalist 0 354 July 25, 2018 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  This would only be fair GODZILLA 3 986 July 16, 2018 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Betsy DeVos protects for-profit colleges scamming students Cecelia 2 454 May 14, 2018 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  George Carlin - The Only Prophet Who Made Accurate Predictions Minimalist 14 2008 December 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 15837 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70856 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It's only a matter of time until Trump throws rocks at the wrong person NuclearEnergy 0 501 March 7, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy