Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great News: I've Found My Calling!
Great News: I've Found My Calling!
Okay, so this is my online community, I like it here and as I've stated before I consider all active members to be friends of mine. No I'm not crazy, I just think that if you belong to a group then it's healthy to think in terms of kinship.

Three months ago I shared with you all that I'd quit my job. It's been my intention to study, and I can now confirm to everyone here that I will be commencing tertiary education in three months time in this coming semester at the age of 31. And I feel great about it.

If you know me outside of this forum, keep this news to yourself for now, I'll be discussing it with friends and family personally.

Now you might ask why begin now, you'll be 31 when you start and 34-35 when you finish?

I realized that I'm going to live until 90, or maybe 80 or at the very least 70 and I'm not wanting to waste 40-60 years of my life doing stuff that I'm not passionate about.

When I was 20 I wasn't in a "great place" and I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, I now have a much clearer sense of direction for what I want to do. Thanks for reading!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Great News: I've Found My Calling!
Cool! what'll you be stufying? if you don't mind me asking. I'm in my first year of a BSc in Physics/Astronomy, lovin' it.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

I can relate. I started my Heavy diesel apprenticeship when I was 41 Smile
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Eh, age is just a number. If you've found something you love, it doesn't matter if you're five, or fifty. Just enjoy yourself. Wink
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 9, 2014 at 2:41 am)Sejanus Wrote: Cool! what'll you be stufying? if you don't mind me asking. I'm in my first year of a BSc in Physics/Astronomy, lovin' it.
Either bachelor of public health (which I've been accepted for) or bachelor of human nutrition.

Thanks for the comment!

(May 9, 2014 at 5:02 am)Esquilax Wrote: Eh, age is just a number.
Ah yes I can relate to that sentiment, although u rarely hear me say it!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Good on yer. Learning should never stop. I turned 44 two months ago, and I'm always auditing classes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Good for you Daniel. I'm 44 and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Nutricionist was running through my mind while reading the OP. Certainly no lack of passion. The beautiful thing is that I doubt there will be any drudgery for you in your studies.
(May 9, 2014 at 5:06 am)Aractus Wrote:
(May 9, 2014 at 5:02 am)Esquilax Wrote: Eh, age is just a number.
Ah yes I can relate to that sentiment, although u rarely hear me say it!

Mind you, since I'm 23 it's probably very easy for me to say it. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 9, 2014 at 5:33 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(May 9, 2014 at 5:06 am)Aractus Wrote: Ah yes I can relate to that sentiment, although u rarely hear me say it!
Mind you, since I'm 23 it's probably very easy for me to say it. Tongue
When I was 23 I was overweight for the only time in my life, as I've mentioned a few times now. I'm fitter and healthier than I was when I was 20. So yeah, if you turned the clock back 7 years I'd not imagine what good things my future holds!

Mind you, being at TAFE with a bunch of 17yo was a bit weird.

But it was where I met Kichi.

True story.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 542 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Some great news Apollo 11 985 December 7, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Mysterious monolith found zebo-the-fat 35 1450 December 7, 2020 at 9:48 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Fenn's Treasure Found onlinebiker 11 1116 June 19, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  I just found out today. Brian37 2 614 February 12, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Great (movie) Speeches onlinebiker 12 2061 September 6, 2019 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Maybe Vaping isn't a great idea. onlinebiker 9 1125 September 1, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  It's a great relief purplepurpose 20 3314 December 8, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Cod
  The Great AF Literary Masterpiece The Valkyrie 9 698 December 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Something Great Happened To Me Today... ReptilianPeon 2 968 October 2, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon