Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Obama, Show us the drone memos
President Obama, Show us the drone memos
The American public deserves to see the drone memos.

Quote:WASHINGTON — I BELIEVE that killing an American citizen without a trial is an extraordinary concept and deserves serious debate. I can’t imagine appointing someone to the federal bench, one level below the Supreme Court, without fully understanding that person’s views concerning the extrajudicial killing of American citizens.

But President Obama is seeking to do just that. He has nominated David J. Barron, a Harvard law professor and a former acting assistant attorney general, to a seat on the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.

While he was an official in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, Mr. Barron wrote at least two legal memos justifying the execution without a trial of an American citizen abroad. Now Mr. Obama is refusing to share that legal argument with the American people.

Show Us the Drone Memos - Rand Paul

Any of the Obama lovers out there want to argue why Obama should not release these memos?
RE: President Obama, Show us the drone memos
(May 11, 2014 at 10:57 pm)Heywood Wrote: The American public deserves to see the drone memos.

Quote:WASHINGTON — I BELIEVE that killing an American citizen without a trial is an extraordinary concept and deserves serious debate. I can’t imagine appointing someone to the federal bench, one level below the Supreme Court, without fully understanding that person’s views concerning the extrajudicial killing of American citizens.

But President Obama is seeking to do just that. He has nominated David J. Barron, a Harvard law professor and a former acting assistant attorney general, to a seat on the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.

While he was an official in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, Mr. Barron wrote at least two legal memos justifying the execution without a trial of an American citizen abroad. Now Mr. Obama is refusing to share that legal argument with the American people.

Any of the Obama lovers out there want to argue why Obama should not release these memos?

He should definitely show the memos.

And I have no problem with using drones to remove certain dangers in the world, whether they be US citizens or not.

And, as I've experienced before, those criticising Obama for using drones to target militants are often the loudest supporters of Israel when that nation drops a bomb on a car in a crowded street to eliminate an enemy.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm not an Obama lover, I just think he's more reasonable than the dribbling half wits the GOP seem to attract these days.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(May 11, 2014 at 10:57 pm)Heywood Wrote: The American public deserves to see the drone memos.

Nothing new here. We should all know him by now.
Jeebus Christoff, you're so terrible at being a troll.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I am never in favor of any of the candidates running for president. What most people do not understand is that Democrats and Republicans are both supported by the elite corporations that claim to speak for the general public.

Democrats do seem to care more about the people than Republicans, and that is certainly the case with Obama, but it does not mean I support him any more than I would any presidential candidate.

To answer the original question, though, I believe nothing governmental should be hidden from the interest of the public.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 11, 2014 at 11:06 pm)Lek Wrote:

Nothing new here. We should all know him by now.

Faux Noise watcher, huh?
(May 11, 2014 at 11:13 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 11:06 pm)Lek Wrote: Nothing new here. We should all know him by now.

Faux Noise watcher, huh?

I like the O'Riley Factor. When I need a good laugh I tune into MSNBC.
What's the difference between a drone firing a missile from 30 miles away and an F-18 firing a missile from 30 miles away?
(May 11, 2014 at 11:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What's the difference between a drone firing a missile from 30 miles away and an F-18 firing a missile from 30 miles away?

The spelling.

Tiger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 873 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1285 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 869 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1687 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 24278 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 5064 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 1959 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1490 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1500 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1988 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee