Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawn Critter Identification
Lawn Critter Identification
I almost dismembered some small mammals while mowing the lawn. I mowed right next to their hole. After I turned around, I saw something rustling around. It was a small mammal! Thank Pegasus it wasn't hurt!

Here are some photos that I took with my laptop. What are these?

[Image: ao33.png]

[Image: pjtm.png]

[Image: p49b.png]
RE: Lawn Critter Identification
Rabbits, maybe? Where in the world are you, anyway? Cuz small mammals where I am probably means something way different than in other places. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I'm in suburban Illinois.

What makes you think rabbit?
So, just completely outside of the critter identification expertise of a guy from Australia. Tongue

That said, the feet in the first picture remind me of my sister's pet rabbit, so that's my guess, for the absolutely nothing it's worth. Wink
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I saw a small rabbit in my yard a few days prior. It wasn't as small as these, but smaller than most rabbits I see.
I have to say, I initially thought they were mice from the overall oblong shape of the one that was wriggling around outside the hole.

Maybe this is a good omen. Maybe I'm about to get lots of sex. Tongue
I think we can safely rule out Bigfoot. Beyond that I can't tell shit from the pictures on my phone.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(May 12, 2014 at 3:43 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: I think we can safely rule out Bigfoot.

You can't prove it's NOT Bigfoot. Tongue
Since they made a hole their home, I doubt it's squirrels. Rabbits, chipmunks, or possibly something else. Put on some gloves, get one out, and show us a clear picture.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 12, 2014 at 4:28 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Put on some gloves, get one out, and show us a clear picture.

I have somewhere to go tonight, and it will be raining tomorrow. I'll do it Wednesday.
You have an infestation of Andalusian burrowing rats. Highly venomous, this particular rat is known for its ability to sustain itself on virtually any food source, including (but not limited to) vegetables, meat, fruit, fish, and instant brownie mix.

Control can be complicated. Most often, they can be coaxed out of their burrows by bluegrass cello music, at which point you can snip off their antennae to disorient them. Bag them up and relocate them - common destinations are Methodist churches and Italian-owned restaurants that have the balls to serve curry.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neighbor's X-mass lawn decorations.... Brian37 13 973 December 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Church Lawn Display thesummerqueen 20 3680 October 12, 2012 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: IATIA