Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation of the Universe
Creation of the Universe
So I get asked a lot, "How did something come from nothing? (Big Bang)"

Well, don't atoms and particles "pop" in and out of existence? So the universe could have just kinda created itself. I'm a really big noob at this stuff, so take it easy xD

Ive also heard theories that the big bang was just an accelerator, accelerating the expanding universe outward from a previous contraction (An endless loop). So the big bang wasn't actually how everything started at all, just an accelerator.

But yeah, I don't know if this is what happened or what but it was just a thought
RE: Creation of the Universe
Laurence Krauss - A Universe From Nothing. Check it out.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
Quote:So I get asked a lot, "How did something come from nothing? (Big Bang)"

Why don't you ask those xtian shits the same question?

Quote:Genesis 1 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Talk about something from nothing. At least the big bang posits that all the matter in the universe was compressed into a small point. That is not "nothing." That is "everything."

'God' is nothing.
And if they tell you that god "made it from himself" ask them "which orifice?"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
We seem to suffer more from an embarrassment of too many plausible natural explanations for the origin of the universe rather than not enough.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 13, 2014 at 3:03 pm)abtaylor Wrote: So I get asked a lot, "How did something come from nothing? (Big Bang)"
Tell them "It didn't. And no one (evilutionists) says it did."
The fact that we don't have to pay a tax on solar energy to an alien species tells us that it's our sun.

This is a great thing.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(May 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm)Ksa Wrote: The fact that we don't have to pay a tax on solar energy to an alien species tells us that it's our sun.

This is a great thing.

Uhhhh.... what?
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(May 13, 2014 at 3:03 pm)abtaylor Wrote: So I get asked a lot, "How did something come from nothing? (Big Bang)"

Well, don't atoms and particles "pop" in and out of existence? So the universe could have just kinda created itself. I'm a really big noob at this stuff, so take it easy xD

Ive also heard theories that the big bang was just an accelerator, accelerating the expanding universe outward from a previous contraction (An endless loop). So the big bang wasn't actually how everything started at all, just an accelerator.

But yeah, I don't know if this is what happened or what but it was just a thought

Ask them how do they know that it was there god and not Allah or Brahma

(May 18, 2014 at 5:29 pm)Ksa Wrote: The fact that we don't have to pay a tax on solar energy to an alien species tells us that it's our sun.

This is a great thing.

Uh yes we do. Why do you think all of those reptilians are on the dark side of the moon for? Vacation?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(May 18, 2014 at 7:06 pm)Sejanus Wrote:

This is a great thing.

Uhhhh.... what?

Imagine you're an advanced alien species. To build a spaceship, you need a fusion reactor. You can build one and supply it with helium, but that's the dumbest idea ever. It's so dumb only a human could think of it.

What you will do is, you build a containment shield around the sun, using its own power to catalyze the shield's construction. When the sun is contained, you use its power to build the rest of the ship. You use the sun's power to travel to another star system and you do the same with that star to build another ship.

What I'm saying is, you may wake up one morning, at a chilly temperature, in total darkness, with your sun reading at the observatory's computer "Sun: celestial body absent."

Do you think God will help you? He will be dead along with the rest of us.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible that the universe could be eternal??... dave4shmups 145 16614 August 9, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The Universe Is Not Locally Real Foxaèr 52 5177 December 31, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Pillars of Creation LinuxGal 4 912 December 24, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Infinite Universe? JairCrawford 13 1164 May 4, 2022 at 5:17 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Now we know when the first stars in the universe switched on Foxaèr 1 405 June 28, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Another universe existed before ours Foxaèr 27 2460 November 29, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Creation of universes from nothing. Jehanne 22 2712 November 14, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Watching a show "How The Universe Works" Brian37 13 1862 July 24, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Total stars in Universe is rougly equal to the total number (ever) of human cells. Jehanne 39 6214 May 24, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  An infinite, beginningless and eternal Universe is taken seriously by scientists. Jehanne 20 3909 March 18, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus