Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian humility
Christian humility
I always here Christians claim they are humble, especially the the Christians here, but yet I have rarely if ever seen most of them carry themselves in a humble manner in debates and discussions here. A classic example is one member that prayed for half the forum to catch aids so that we be like him
I constantly see Christians that are so chalked full of haughtness and arrogance. I have yet to see one admit to being wrong on a issue and constantly see them use the same arguments again and again, even after they have been shown how these arguments are wrong.
Furthermore many used dishonest tactics such as quote mining sources or in some cases using source that have been shown to be lying. Some of them also perpetuate this myth that if you dont use "bad" words your not being rude, while they make condescending posts about how they are better because they have christ. /rant
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Christian humility
Of course Christians aren't humble. But this hypocrisy isn't unique to Christians - ALL theists who become convinced that they are God's elect necessarily suffer from severe hubris.

Think about it. Religionists in general have the mental perversion that the creator of the universe has singled them out for special notice, special treatment, special reward. This automatically puts those outside the group in the category of 'not quite as good as us'. If others WERE good enough, God would include them for special services.

Religionists can yap all they want to about how 'God loves everyone' and 'We all worship the same God' blah blah blah, but they KNOW they're just a wee bit better than everyone else.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 14, 2014 at 5:09 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Of course Christians aren't humble. But this hypocrisy isn't unique to Christians - ALL theists who become convinced that they are God's elect necessarily suffer from severe hubris.

Think about it. Religionists in general have the mental perversion that the creator of the universe has singled them out for special notice, special treatment, special reward. This automatically puts those outside the group in the category of 'not quite as good as us'. If others WERE good enough, God would include them for special services.

Religionists can yap all they want to about how 'God loves everyone' and 'We all worship the same God' blah blah blah, but they KNOW they're just a wee bit better than everyone else.

Boru

Yes you are right, especially big in the Abrahamic faiths.
Signifying nothing.
(May 14, 2014 at 5:09 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Think about it. Religionists in general have the mental perversion that the creator of the universe has singled them out for special notice, special treatment, special reward. This automatically puts those outside the group in the category of 'not quite as good as us'. If others WERE good enough, God would include them for special services.

I think you're generalizing from a rather narrow subset of all religions. In general, people always believe they're superior to people who are different. You can see this in atheists on this very forum. While some religions encourage this kind of behavior, I think it's a hasty generalization to say that they all do.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 14, 2014 at 4:11 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I always here Christians claim they are humble, especially the the Christians here,
Quote me.
Christian humility is like bigfoot.

There's a lot of talk but no hard evidence.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 14, 2014 at 3:16 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(May 14, 2014 at 4:11 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I always here Christians claim they are humble, especially the the Christians here,
Quote me.

Dude look at your own user name
Signifying nothing.
(May 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(May 14, 2014 at 3:16 pm)alpha male Wrote: Quote me.

Dude look at your own user name
OK. How in the world do you get humility from it? Did you forget your own claim?? Dumbass.
Many atheists are much the same. It's a human thing. Let's try to not categorize all Christians as behaving a certain way.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(May 14, 2014 at 3:40 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(May 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Dude look at your own user name
OK. How in the world do you get humility from it? Did you forget your own claim?? Dumbass.
Did you reading the damn post? It was about how most of the christians are arrogant as shit, yourself included.
Signifying nothing.