Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus should have been a king.
Jesus should have been a king.
If he really wanted to make the world a better place, and spread his beliefs, then being in a position of power would be the most ideal way to do it. It seems like the only point in him being born in a feeding trough and all that was to show how humble he was. except then his followers equate him to Yahweh, who was anything but humble.

How would being a king have not helped immensely? Why wasn't he born in a position where he could actually enact laws, instead of just preach the word?

I'd like to know the christian's thought to this. Try not to fall back on "god works in mysterious ways". That doesn't really explain anything.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Jesus should have been a king.
(May 14, 2014 at 9:15 pm)Chad32 Wrote: If he really wanted to make the world a better place, and spread his beliefs, then being in a position of power would be the most ideal way to do it. It seems like the only point in him being born in a feeding trough and all that was to show how humble he was. except then his followers equate him to Yahweh, who was anything but humble.

How would being a king have not helped immensely? Why wasn't he born in a position where he could actually enact laws, instead of just preach the word?

I'd like to know the christian's thought to this. Try not to fall back on "god works in mysterious ways". That doesn't really explain anything.

Jesus is a bastard. His mother spread legs for someone else and came up with...a bullshit story. It came from God. Sure, and I'm fucking Santa Claus.

It's like getting caught with 10Kg of methamphetamine today and say God gave it to you. If only someone killed her...all this non-sense would not have existed. I don't care about anybody, I don't care that my son has to bear the burden of being the "son of God" I don't care that he died because I was a whore. I only care about me.

What a cock sucking mother that must have been.
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
(May 14, 2014 at 9:15 pm)Chad32 Wrote: If he really wanted to make the world a better place, and spread his beliefs, then being in a position of power would be the most ideal way to do it. It seems like the only point in him being born in a feeding trough and all that was to show how humble he was. except then his followers equate him to Yahweh, who was anything but humble.

It's awful self-righteous to preach to the poor and the downtrodden from a position of power.

"One of us. One of us. One of us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekd2-4vH1Tc

(May 14, 2014 at 9:24 pm)Ksa Wrote: Jesus is a bastard. His mother spread legs for someone else and came up with...a bullshit story. It came from God. Sure, and I'm fucking Santa Claus.

If the husband believes this, then I cannot disagree with the decision to make love to another.

If the husband needs to protect his wife, it is a fairly mediocre method to say it came from anyone but himself.

If the parents (husband and/or wife) want to create a scandal/social recognition of the child: claiming they came from 'God', and that it is a virgin birth, are both somewhat effective.

Quote:It's like getting caught with 10Kg of methamphetamine today and say God gave it to you. If only someone killed her...all this non-sense would not have existed. I don't care about anybody, I don't care that my son has to bear the burden of being the "son of God" I don't care that he died because I was a whore. I only care about me.

And what of the skeptics if you are right?

Sure... forgotten, as yet another story takes hold. If a populace can be overcome by a story: it means the populace is prone to such a whim.

Everyone dies, broski... the status of their mother's sex life notwithstanding.

Quote:What a cock sucking mother that must have been.

I don't recall any evidence that Mary, mother of Jesus, ever once put her lips to a cock.... so 'must have' is naught more than conjecture.

Not that I don't find this entire post utterly abhorable... but leveling such undeserving blame at a largely irrelevant character (of which few details are writ) strongly resembles witchslaying fanaticism.

And suppose she was inclined towards those 'slutty' deeds with which you find such contention: what does it bloody matter? Thinking
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I think the obvious answer is that Jesus didn't want to make the world a better place. He's god after all. Coming to mingle with the people as his son to make everyone beg for forgiveness for being part of his rigged game doesn't really indicate that he has humanity's best interests at heart.

I mean, Jesus was a narcissist. Just look at how he set humanity up to fail and then comes down to play savior. Making the world a better place would get in the way of all the ego stroking he so thoroughly revels in.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 14, 2014 at 9:34 pm)Alice Wrote:

It's awful self-righteous to preach to the poor and the downtrodden from a position of power.

"One of us. One of us. One of us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekd2-4vH1Tc

(May 14, 2014 at 9:24 pm)Ksa Wrote: Jesus is a bastard. His mother spread legs for someone else and came up with...a bullshit story. It came from God. Sure, and I'm fucking Santa Claus.

If the husband believes this, then I cannot disagree with the decision to make love to another.

If the husband needs to protect his wife, it is a fairly mediocre method to say it came from anyone but himself.

If the parents (husband and/or wife) want to create a scandal/social recognition of the child: claiming they came from 'God', and that it is a virgin birth, are both somewhat effective.

Quote:It's like getting caught with 10Kg of methamphetamine today and say God gave it to you. If only someone killed her...all this non-sense would not have existed. I don't care about anybody, I don't care that my son has to bear the burden of being the "son of God" I don't care that he died because I was a whore. I only care about me.

And what of the skeptics if you are right?

Sure... forgotten, as yet another story takes hold. If a populace can be overcome by a story: it means the populace is prone to such a whim.

Everyone dies, broski... the status of their mother's sex life notwithstanding.

Quote:What a cock sucking mother that must have been.

I don't recall any evidence that Mary, mother of Jesus, ever once put her lips to a cock.... so 'must have' is naught more than conjecture.

Not that I don't find this entire post utterly abhorable... but leveling such undeserving blame at a largely irrelevant character (of which few details are writ) strongly resembles witchslaying fanaticism.

And suppose she was inclined towards those 'slutty' deeds with which you find such contention: what does it bloody matter? Thinking

What about you? Smile
(May 14, 2014 at 10:15 pm)Ksa Wrote: What about you? Smile

I'm a schizophrenic god of death with two creepy uncles.

... and yeah, I died too.

(May 14, 2014 at 10:13 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I think the obvious answer is that Jesus didn't want to make the world a better place. He's god after all. Coming to mingle with the people as his son to make everyone beg for forgiveness for being part of his rigged game doesn't really indicate that he has humanity's best interests at heart.

I mean, Jesus was a narcissist. Just look at how he set humanity up to fail and then comes down to play savior. Making the world a better place would get in the way of all the ego stroking he so thoroughly revels in.

Different strokes for different hosts.
(May 14, 2014 at 10:17 pm)Alice Wrote:
(May 14, 2014 at 10:15 pm)Ksa Wrote: What about you? Smile

I'm a schizophrenic god of death with two creepy uncles.

If you were schizophrenic, you wouldn't be taking amphetamines.
(May 14, 2014 at 10:21 pm)Ksa Wrote: If you were schizophrenic, you wouldn't be taking amphetamines.

I don't know how I would even take amphetamines... are they like, 'spirit amphetamines', or somekindabiscuit?

We misses the eatings the mostest Sad
I don't know about being king, but I would like it if he left behind some solid proof that he existed at all.
(May 14, 2014 at 10:26 pm)Alice Wrote:
(May 14, 2014 at 10:21 pm)Ksa Wrote: If you were schizophrenic, you wouldn't be taking amphetamines.

I don't know how I would even take amphetamines... are they like, 'spirit amphetamines', or somekindabiscuit?

We misses the eatings the mostest Sad

It was just a test, if you did take amphetamines you would have said something like "how the hell do you know this?"

It would have allowed me to know Lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4390 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5404 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Did Shakespeare Contribute to the King James Bible? Rhondazvous 12 5589 June 25, 2017 at 6:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Christians, what is it like to have a personal relationship with Jesus? GrandizerII 95 9052 July 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34313 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should I have a doscussion with my parent's Church pastor? ReptilianPeon 26 3444 March 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4237 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Dr. King, Argument from Authority Neo-Scholastic 45 10751 January 22, 2015 at 5:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7218 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  you have to have faith..and there's a purpose k2490 16 5763 June 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: KUSA