Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to stop pretending God exists!
It's time to stop pretending God exists!
Because we are all playing pretend.

Right? Thinking
RE: It's time to stop pretending God exists!
Theists are playing pretend, correct.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I think it's more of a delusion than pretending.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 17, 2014 at 7:42 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I think it's more of a delusion than pretending.

This. Delusions of grandeur to be more specific.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Re: RE: It's time to stop pretending God exists!
(May 17, 2014 at 6:58 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Because we are all playing pretend.

Right? :thinking:

So when are you going to stop?
Am I the only one not understanding the OP ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
I thought we were suppose to stop pretending god doesn't exist, because we are the reason starving children are dying in Africa and stuff?
(May 17, 2014 at 10:16 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Am I the only one not understanding the OP ?

No. I'm a little lost too.
(May 17, 2014 at 10:16 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Am I the only one not understanding the OP ?

(May 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: No. I'm a little lost too.

This is how I'm interpreting the OP. MysticKnight has the impression that atheists think theists and deists are only pretending to believe in God.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(May 17, 2014 at 7:42 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I think it's more of a delusion than pretending.

The way Atheists talk to the Theists here give me the impression, they believe we are be dishonest to reality and don't want to face reality. That tells me that we are pretending God exists, that we know we have no reason to believe he exists but still insist on it, because it makes us happier as opposed to truly sincerely believing it to be true.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 5940 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14142 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 12446 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4544 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 29531 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14580 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 46281 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3887 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5264 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  "If God Exists" -Darkmatter25's newest vid Simon Moon 38 7996 December 29, 2015 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Brakeman