Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurt Westergaard escapes murder attempt.
Kurt Westergaard escapes murder attempt.
Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard, whose caricature of Prophet Muhammad sparked fury in the Muslim world, escaped death when a knife-wielding Somali man broke into his house in Denmark.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news...404669.cms
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Kurt Westergaard escapes murder attempt.
Islam: The religion of peace.
Now Adrian, don't hold one loony to account for millions of people.

That would be the same as the "Hitler was an Atheist" argument, that it is beside the point.
when are they gonna learn that killing people(attempted in this case) really only breeds hatred.

if they are hated more then more of these cartoons etc, the most offensive of them weren't even drawn by the artist himself, will appear and make them angrier and more violent so they are hated more.

they are spiralling downward into the depths of loathing and some legislation that is in opposition to their religion will arise because of their stupid f*cking attitude.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
ahh but really Nietzsche is dead.
But he took God with him Big Grin
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(January 2, 2010 at 8:14 am)Pippy Wrote: Now Adrian, don't hold one loony to account for millions of people.

That would be the same as the "Hitler was an Atheist" argument, that it is beside the point.
I'm not holding one loony account for millions of people, I'm holding several thousand (one could argue hundred thousand) followers account for a sick twisted religion. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it won't be the last. Islam doesn't like to be mocked, and whilst they claim to be a religion of peace, they wage war against anyone who they disagree with.

Also, it's not the same as the "Hitler was an atheist" argument. Hitler wasn't an atheist, and even the tyrants who were (Stalin, Mao) didn't do the things "in the name of atheism". These people carry out their terrorist attacks "in the name of Islam". Who wants to bet that the man ran into Kurt's house screaming "Allahu Akbar"?
I'd guess he broke into Kurt's house rather quietly... although probably few of us have anything but imagination really to go off of Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 2, 2010 at 6:40 am)Tiberius Wrote: Islam: The religion of peace.

Depends - who's resting in the grave nicely?

Islam at it's roots is submission. Now tell me that submission, and by extension, repression, are healthy if made into an entire way of life, instead of a passive aspect thereof.
(January 2, 2010 at 8:25 am)Tiberius Wrote: I'm not holding one loony account for millions of people, I'm holding several thousand (one could argue hundred thousand) followers account for a sick twisted religion. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and it won't be the last. Islam doesn't like to be mocked, and whilst they claim to be a religion of peace, they wage war against anyone who they disagree with.

That's a bit of a turnaround isn't it Adrian?

That is indeed the position of the minority fundamentalist extremists. And like Catholicism, Islam encompasses 3rd person belief in non believers and whole countries... who then condone atrocious behaviour.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5371 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  Muhammad was a Genocidal Mass Murder EgoRaptor 53 13413 December 15, 2013 at 5:56 am
Last Post: WesOlsen