Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Jew
Ex-Jew
Hey, I'm brand new to this forum.

Not a brand new Atheist, though. I was raised as a Reform Jew, so life for me was not as bad as probably some people who are strictly raised in one of the more conservative religions.
I had a real problem with their teachings, however. They always claimed to be aware of the issues of the environment, to be aware of the the lack of rights for homosexuals, and others, etc, that makes you a good person, a good Jew. I thought, well you can be a good person without adding the last part.
I have seen nothing that makes me believe in God. Nothing that makes me believe in a magical afterlife. I believe in science, what I can see, it is what makes since to me.

When I was a child, I was stricken with an illness that almost killed me. I saw science stretch to save me, not God. Because he does not exist.

I was an atheist once I reached middle school.

-Lady Katherine
"The more I study religions, the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
- Sir Richard Francis Burton

RE: Ex-Jew
Fair enough, welcome to the forums.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(May 20, 2014 at 1:45 am)Sejanus Wrote: Fair enough, welcome to the forums.

Thanks!

-Lady Katherine
"The more I study religions, the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."

Welcome aboard.
(May 20, 2014 at 2:12 am)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome aboard.

Thank you!

-Lady Katherine

Shalom.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hey, welcome to the forum! Smile Hope you stick around.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I dont think there is a former Jew here. Until now that is, I'm curious to see your input and right off the bat I wonna know what you think of people that use the term Jewish atheist.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Hello. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?