Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleas from a YEC
Pleas from a YEC
I am talking to a YEC who believes in the sacred flower shape being God everywhere. Yeah.

Does anyone whose more well versed in evolution have a response to this assertion? I dont even know the terms to look up to doublecheck his 'impossibilities'. He's really having a hard time understanding what would make a bacteria want to become a human. Tongue

A yeast cell to be converted into a round worm would need 13,000 additional information of gene coding to do such. Mathematically. That is impossible. However, I will give you credit. In an infinite universe. I believe in infinite possibilities. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/12/1...evidence-n oahs-biblical-flood/Monday at 2:56am · Sent from M
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Pleas from a YEC
I assume you are quoting him when you say
Quote: A yeast cell to be converted into a round worm would need 13,000 additional information of gene coding to do such. Mathematically. That is impossible. However, I will give you credit. In an infinite universe. I believe in infinite possibilities.

It doesn't take a geneticist to say this argument is a pile of bovine excrement; even though mutations are random, evolution DOES NOT make yeast cells into ground worms on a whim.
It takes millions of years of genetic isolation to make random, small, mutations influence the allelic frequencies of a population, thus making the population itself change with time. Also, you must take into account natural selection that makes drastic changes quickly become the norm under the right situations.

A mutation big enough to make a yeast directly into a worm would probably kill the poor thing: it might carry some lethal combination of genes which was not selected against in the past. Such a mutation could be possible, but the chances of it happening are the same chances a YEC will ever read a fucking science book... And even then, it would not be considered an example of evolution, but an horrid mutation.

These people need to stop thinking that living beings evolve the same way pokemon do
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
YEC's are impervious to facts.

They shed them like ducks shed water.

Or...in the case of creatards....crocoducks.

[Image: hDA859416]
Pleas from a YEC
[Image: ydunusag.jpg]
(May 21, 2014 at 11:41 pm)Luckie Wrote: I am talking to a YEC who believes in the sacred flower shape being God everywhere. Yeah.

Does anyone whose more well versed in evolution have a response to this assertion? I dont even know the terms to look up to doublecheck his 'impossibilities'. He's really having a hard time understanding what would make a bacteria want to become a human. Tongue

A yeast cell to be converted into a round worm would need 13,000 additional information of gene coding to do such. Mathematically. That is impossible. However, I will give you credit. In an infinite universe. I believe in infinite possibilities. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/12/1...evidence-n oahs-biblical-flood/Monday at 2:56am · Sent from M
Yeast can evolve in mulitcellar froms quite easily
http://www.wired.com/2012/01/evolution-o...llularity/
In fact you do this experiment yourself with a little research some diy and a microscope.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
More....

What provided the single celled organisms with the genetic information needed for mutation. Cells are like a computer. Info in. Doesn't breed info out. It needs input. Sorry love. But I am through with scientific debate. Just put it this way. The Jews have been placed back in is real in 1948. The scientists are stating that oceanic life will cease in 2048. The prophecy state that the 3rd time the Jews are sent back to Israel the lord will come and the generation to see this will not die. The bible and the new testament are the oldest books next too homers Odyssey. The odyssey has thousands of literary discrepancies. The bible less than 100.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(May 22, 2014 at 3:06 am)Luckie Wrote: More....

What provided the single celled organisms with the genetic information needed for mutation. Cells are like a computer. Info in. Doesn't breed info out. It needs input.
Yes input that has demonstrably shown to come from the enviroment.
Quote:
Sorry love. But I am through with scientific debate. Just put it this way. The Jews have been placed back in is real in 1948.
There was always some jews there to begin. Also no one "put" the jew there but themselves or a period of 30 years.
Quote: The scientists are stating that oceanic life will cease in 2048.
Citation sorely needed for that extraordinary claim
Quote: The prophecy state that the 3rd time the Jews are sent back to Israel the lord will come and the generation to see this will not die.
First of all, where does it say that? So according to what you say here, we need to boot all the jews out of isreal agian? And what ship them back on wesjet in a year or two?
Quote: The bible and the new testament are the oldest books next too homers Odyssey. The odyssey has thousands of literary discrepancies. The bible less than 100.
Just going to name a few that are older then the bible off the top of my head.
Plato's republic
Euclid's sarced geometry
Caesar's Gallic wars
Hippocraitc corpus
The hindu's vedas (all 4)
Plutarch's books ( all three life's of)
Jason the Argonauts
I think that proves my point
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(May 21, 2014 at 11:41 pm)Luckie Wrote: I am talking to a YEC who believes in the sacred flower shape being God everywhere. Yeah.

I'll have some of what theyre smokin'
(May 21, 2014 at 11:41 pm)Luckie Wrote: A yeast cell to be converted into a round worm would need 13,000 additional information of gene coding to do such. Mathematically. That is impossible. However, I will give you credit. In an infinite universe. I believe in infinite possibilities. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/12/1...evidence-n oahs-biblical-flood/Monday at 2:56am • Sent from M
Evolution doesn't happen via random genetic mutations, that's a myth. Plus it's impossible - organisms have shielded themselves from experiencing the effects of such unwanted random mutations. If mutations is how evolution works then why would there be so much hostility towards the mutations occurring in the first place? Evolution doesn't have the opportunity to be able to "test" as many mutations as it would need to in order to work.

The Ulas family in southern Turkey includes 19 children - 7 of them suffer from a genetic mutation, one of the seven has died and 5 of the remaining 6 never learned to walk on two legs even as adults. One, however, can walk despite having the mutation. Prof Uner Tan wrote a peer-review paper on the case where he claimed that this was evidence of backward evolution and blamed it squarely on the genetic mutation, even going as far to label their condition as "Uner Tan syndrome".

In 2005 a BBC documentary was produced about the family, during which the producers filmed the six adult children walking in their primitive way on all fours, and explaining that they lack balance due to brain damage and the brain damage is due to the genetic mutation.

Dr Ali - a physiotherapist - is brought in to examine the family. He believes that the sisters can learn to walk but that Hüseyin who is now well in his 30's is unlikely to ever learn to walk upright and there are shots of children ridiculing him for being unable to walk upright and him become upset at this. Dr Ali then gives them a "$30 walking frame" something that could have been given to them at any time had they ever seen a physiotherapist before, and instantly one of the women is shown walking with it. The producers have a set of parallel bars like those used for rehabilitation therapy installed outside the home (on the advice of Dr Ali) for the family, and showed shots of the affected children using the bars. They then returned a few months later to see that all 6, including Hüseyin, have now learned to walk upright. Thus, of course, disproving Tan's theory.

Here's the full BBC documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwiz-yhLpT0

Now the point I want to make is evolution works by changes on the organism - the creature - and of course by behaviour, but not by genetic changes. Genetic changes are somehow downhill to this - in other words they arise out of necessity.

If you think this is wrong I'll explain evidence: firstly we're learning creatures, not just us but other animals too. We're born completely blind, our brains are unable to process images when we are born. We learn to see after we are born, it's not something that's genetic. If a baby is born with non-functioning eyes (human or animal) and it reaches (for humans) 2 years old without being able to see, then no matter what their condition is permanent. You can transplant working eyes from another person but it won't make any difference because the brain never bothered to learn to see and thus didn't build the neurological network required to do so.

The human brain has about 100,000,000,000,000 (100 Trillion) connections. The human genome however only contains 3,200,000,000,000 base pairs (3.2 billion). Even if you devoted the whole of the human genome to building the brain then that means you have to compress the information 97% to fit. But we don't use 3.2 billion base pairs for that, no, we use just 20 thousand to build and program the brain. Let me explain this in an easy way to understand - that would be like expecting to install Windows 7 from 1 single 700kb floppy disk, and that floppy disk also contains all the instructions for building the computer to run it on as well. Also, the disk is shielded against experiencing errors (ie mutations). Also the disk is about 97% empty (the installation file would be 20,000 bytes big). That's completely impossible, right? Well the human brain contains more networking than the most complicated of operating systems. So it can't be wholly genetic, it's based on behaviour, environment and of course learning.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(May 22, 2014 at 4:48 am)Aractus Wrote: Evolution doesn't happen via random genetic mutations, that's a myth. Plus it's impossible - organisms have shielded themselves from experiencing the effects of such unwanted random mutations. If mutations is how evolution works then why would there be so much hostility towards the mutations occurring in the first place? Evolution doesn't have the opportunity to be able to "test" as many mutations as it would need to in order to work.

Human beings are born with an average of 60 mutations per person.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question for Theists, especially YEC Lemonvariable72 24 6702 October 10, 2013 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Esquilax