Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climate Change Denialism funds
Climate Change Denialism funds
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...ks-network

Is a good insight to the climate change denial machine. Has anyone else been experiencing an increase in this very destructive movement.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Climate Change Denialism funds
Another wonderful contribution by conservative dolts.

Instead of creating new businesses (so-called job creators) to adapt to global warming, they'd rather lie about the data scientists spend their careers on becoming experts in.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(May 23, 2014 at 11:59 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Instead of creating new businesses (so-called job creators) to adapt to global warming,
Or helping to fund or subsidize technologies like this. Or at least using that money to put pressure on the bastards who are helping to harm Tesla Motors with underhanded tactics like this one.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
It is something that personally is fueled by religion and money. The difference it affects us all.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
One of the best of the current Cosmos series was the one where NDGT explained how the lead industry hired their own scientist to assure America that pumping lead into the atmosphere was just fine.

Until some of these criminal fucks are thrown in jail nothing is going to improve.
Quote:"We exist to help donors promote liberty which we understand to be limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise," she said in an interview."

This is what really fucking pisses me off about poor conservatives. They enable the rich cocksuckers to fuck us all, because they're too goddamn stupid to notice that the song and dance about "personal responsibility" and "free enterprise" is just billionaires pulling the wool over their eyes.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Dumb as fucking rocks they are.
(May 23, 2014 at 1:03 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Quote:"We exist to help donors promote liberty which we understand to be limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise," she said in an interview."

This is what really fucking pisses me off about poor conservatives. They enable the rich cocksuckers to fuck us all, because they're too goddamn stupid to notice that the song and dance about "personal responsibility" and "free enterprise" is just billionaires pulling the wool over their eyes.

I don't entirely disagree. As a small business owner O see cronyism as a huge threat to individual liberty. It takes two to tango: big business and big government.
This is why corporations should not be able to inject the absurd amounts of money into politics as it currently does, courtesy of the morons on the Supreme Court.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
Hmm.

Since oceanic acidification (or more correctly, declining oceanic alkalinity) is going to be a far more devastating problem than anthropogenic global warming ever could be (and nobody is bothering to become oceanic acidification deniers BTW) I'm finding the brouhaha over climate change to be entirely silly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 1838 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1511 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1249 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Atlas Journals: Saudi Arabia and the change 2018 WinterHold 6 979 July 21, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 5985 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Even if Climate Change was not real... NuclearEnergy 6 1295 April 19, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Sec. of Defense Says Climate Change is Real Minimalist 27 3633 March 15, 2017 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds Zenith 19 3396 March 7, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5492 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th! Jehanne 11 1544 October 16, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne