Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pastor states "religion and politics interrelated"
Pastor states "religion and politics interrelated"
Quote:The father of United States Senator Ted Cruz of Texas has stated that he considers religion and government "interrelated."

"When Judah had a righteous king or Israel had a righteous king, the whole country followed the Lord. When Israel or Judah had a wicked king, the whole country went to idolatry," said Cruz.

"As the government went, so went the people … I think we cannot separate politics and religion; they are interrelated. They've always been interrelated."

"Simply put, we believe that the problems we face in our communities and our nation are not just political and cultural, they are spiritual in nature," stated Perkins at the Watchmen on the Wall website.

"Consequently, these problems ultimately require a spiritual solution administered by spiritual leadership. That is why we are championing pastors to transform America."

Cruz cited a statistic reportedly showing that of American evangelicals, only a quarter of them vote in elections.

"That really put a burden in my heart because if Christians are not voting, how can we exercise our rights as citizens?" said Cruz to CP.

"If the people of God are not voting then how can we expect the government to move in the direction that we would like to see this country go?"

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastor...el-120235/

So long as ignorant men like this are continuing to ensure their narrow worldview is accepted by all, there can be no peace in this world.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Pastor states "religion and politics interrelated"
Lemme fix it for ya

Quote:The father of United States Senator Ted Cruz of Texas has stated that he considers religion and government "interrelated."

"MUH BOOK SAYS IF YOU DUN BELIEVE ME TEH COUNTRY WILL BE DESTROYED" said Cruz.

"AND SINCE PEOPLE DUN BELIEVE ME AND THEY'RE BAD WE NEED TO MAKE THEM BELIEVE SO THEY BECOME GOOD"

"Simply put, we believe that the problems we face in our communities and our nation are not just political and cultural, they are due to the loss of influence of our con," stated Perkins at the Watchmen on the Wall website.

"Consequently, these problems ultimately require a marketing campaign led by marketing experts. That is why we are championing pastors to transform America."

Cruz cited a statistic reportedly showing that of American evangelicals, only a quarter of them vote in elections.

"GOOD PEOPLE DUN EVEN VOTE AND THAT MAKES ME A SAD PANDA" said Cruz to CP.

"IF GOOD PEOPLE DUN VOTE, HOW CAN WE PUSH OUR CON ON OUR GOVERNMENT?"

Done

Sorry for the caps on Cruz's quotes
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
You want your religion involved in politics? Then you can fucking start paying taxes, to start with. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I'm starting to think the only requirements for becoming a pastor are to have touched a Bible and have said the word Jesus in front of somebody you're not related to.
(May 24, 2014 at 8:27 am)Cato Wrote: I'm starting to think the only requirements for becoming a pastor are to have touched a Bible and have said the word Jesus in front of somebody you're not related to.

That is it basically. I was neighbor to con man that was in an out of jail for theft, fraud and whatever mischief he could get himself into. The last time I saw him he was claiming to be a pastor or preacher and was moving to Texas. I don't know if a pastor and preacher are the same thing or not, but they both preach so that's close enough to me.
Who does a Christian think is in control of who leads us?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Ted Cruz is living proof that the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
(May 24, 2014 at 1:10 am)Kitanetos Wrote:

So long as ignorant men like this are continuing to ensure their narrow worldview is accepted by all, there can be no peace in this world.

If the Cuban dummy would bother to read his Bible he would see that it says that God appoints all government leaders and that he, as a dummy, is to do what they tell him to do because they are doing God's will. He's going to end up in the lake of fire if he keeps flapping his jaws and whining about the people God placed over him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape. Foxaèr 122 15425 September 17, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: rado84
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4868 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Study: Terrorists are motivated by Politics more than Religion Heat 23 4402 December 19, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: abaris
  So why do Christians here in the United States have such a persecution complex GoHalos1993 13 3649 November 2, 2015 at 10:26 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19598 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48968 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  My Youth Pastor's Pleading Letter to Me Amalynne0 41 6953 July 25, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is killing a Pastor always a bad thing? Mystical 85 22434 November 9, 2013 at 8:51 am
Last Post: T.J.
Wink Why is religion involved in politics? freedomfighter 21 6990 August 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Whateverist