Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's feeling of failure.
God's feeling of failure.
Since god has failed so miserably at showing us his guiding love and because so many of his creation has not believed in his son for practical purposes, do you think he feels like such a failure? Do you think god isn't showing up today because he committed suicide from the shame?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: God's feeling of failure.
(May 25, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Since god has failed so miserably at showing us his guiding love and because so many of his creation has not believed in his son for practical purposes, do you think he feels like such a failure? Do you think god isn't showing up today because he committed suicide from the shame?

Ooooh I hope so
That was funny Brakeman. Thanks for the laugh.
When his appointment date rolls around, the only failure will be on our part.
(May 25, 2014 at 8:55 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Since god has failed so miserably at showing us his guiding love and because so many of his creation has not believed in his son for practical purposes, do you think he feels like such a failure? Do you think god isn't showing up today because he committed suicide from the shame?

He got bored of smiting villages. Didn't you see how he put this whole thing on auto-pilot (evolution) so he can pursue other hobbies... like trying out different cooking recipes over hellfire.
(May 25, 2014 at 9:45 pm)professor Wrote: That was funny Brakeman. Thanks for the laugh.

It asks a serious question though.. If god is all powerful and all knowing, how could he consider himself successful if he fails to reach most of his "children" and he has to burn them in hell for eternity as a sad reminder that he couldn't raise his children better.

If my children ended up in prison, I would consider my parenting skills to be a failure. Hell is worse than prison.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(May 26, 2014 at 12:42 am)Brakeman Wrote:
(May 25, 2014 at 9:45 pm)professor Wrote: That was funny Brakeman. Thanks for the laugh.

It asks a serious question though.. If god is all powerful and all knowing, how could he consider himself successful if he fails to reach most of his "children" and he has to burn them in hell for eternity as a sad reminder that he couldn't raise his children better.

If my children ended up in prison, I would consider my parenting skills to be a failure. Hell is worse than prison.

You're forgetting that the Biblical God character only cares about the Israelites/Hebrews/Jews. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the Gentiles.

Go home and put your tinfoil hat on professor.

Ain't nobody listening to a word you have to say that's for sure.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
God's too busy trying to come up with an answer to "Why is there something rather than nothing?" to worry about his modest shortcomings.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(May 25, 2014 at 9:59 pm)progamz Wrote:

He got bored of smiting villages. Didn't you see how he put this whole thing on auto-pilot (evolution) so he can pursue other hobbies... like trying out different cooking recipes over hellfire.

Mmmmm....shrimp on the barbie.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Naaaa - he's used to it by now.

When he kicked Satan out and 1/3rd of the angels went with Satan - voluntarily - now that was a kick in the teeth for poor old God Almighty.

By his standards he's actually been doing rather well - I mean - he was rejected by 1/3rd of those that actually knew for certain he existed - like met him on a daily basis. To be batting around the 20% mark with those who haven't seen shit to prove he exists - that's quite an achievement!

Way to go Yahweh!
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling a form of "religious discrimination" for the first time Aegon 19 1866 May 22, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12401 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Cardinal Brady will not resign over 'abuse failure' frankiej 13 5786 May 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Aegrus
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6690 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad