Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People making facebooks for PETS
People making facebooks for PETS
http://www.switched.com/2010/08/06/human...heir-pets/

so I know it isn't new but I've been seeing more and more lately and really?

What do you guys think, is it just me or is this very strange?
RE: People making facebooks for PETS
It has been happening since the beginning of FB.

Very lame. Of course, everything about FB is lame.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It's fucking stupid.

People should stop doing that immediately.
I don't care. FB is kinda lame anyway, and I still highly prefer the old lame Myspace where people did whatever they wished. Who cares what profiles people make? If I get bored and want to make a profile for my toaster then I don't see why I can't. It may be dumb, but how does it effect other peopl?. I still refuse to use my real name on FB.
I do not even bother with FB anymore.

And I really miss the old MySpace.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I like FB for the professional networking and not much more. It's just another tool.

As for creating FB pages for your pet, if you're good at it (read: funny), then I'm down. If it provides me with a chuckle every now and again because you made Buzzfeed, solid.

I am not going to make your pet my friend, though.

I can understand why people do it. My dog is like my kid. If I were a tiny bit more crazy, maybe Tanner would have a FB page. And it would be good.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Not sure if people are starting to act more crazy or are they just becoming more stupider.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
(May 27, 2014 at 1:08 pm)MountainsWinAgain Wrote: Not sure if people are starting to act more crazy or are they just becoming more stupider.

I'm not sure it is more. I think social media has just given people the platform to openly share undesirable qualities that we would normally not be exposed to.
(May 27, 2014 at 12:06 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: http://www.switched.com/2010/08/06/human...heir-pets/

so I know it isn't new but I've been seeing more and more lately and really?

What do you guys think, is it just me or is this very strange?
It's unnecessary crap.
But meh, who cares.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 27, 2014 at 12:23 pm)No_God Wrote: It's fucking stupid.

People should stop doing that immediately.

Stop liking what I don't like!
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No salt sticky rice for making Nigiri Sushi Brian37 20 1060 April 30, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Do you have picky pets like me? Brian37 10 577 June 17, 2021 at 7:56 am
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1909 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Making Jerky onlinebiker 0 275 December 25, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 969 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2216 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Tried making vegan burgers. . . bennyboy 10 1311 August 3, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2806 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  All the cool kids are making questionnaires, so what the actual, am I right? c172 8 1060 April 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
  Warning! Feed your pets well! ignoramus 16 2016 December 17, 2017 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: ignoramus